Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA DV letter response from CA -- Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIPPA DV letter response from CA -- Help

Okay I have a few unpaid medical collections on my TU and EX report and I have been following the HIPPA instructions on here.  I have opted out of everything, I sent the HIPPA letter to both EX and TU and they came back verified but did not provide any information.  So I submitted a HIPPA DV request letter to this one company last week, well today I received a letter and it states:

"RE:  DISPUTE

Elite is unable to locate your account with the information you provided.  In order to locate your account, you will need to provide your Social Security number and any previous last names".

So here is my question my maiden name is on my CR and so is my SSN, they put the account on my report and they verified it in Feb 09 so why should I have to provide them any other information?  My question is what do I do, do I provide the information to them as requested or what?

HELP!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HIPPA DV letter response from CA -- Help

Are you certain the account number you put on your pre-HIPAA dispute letter and Med DV letter match the account number reporting on EX and TU? Absolutely sure?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and the pre-Hippa letter I sent to TU and EX has the correct account number on it according to my CR.  I just checked the HIPPA DV letter and that number matches the CR's and the pre-Hippa letters, one quick note it is the whole number (I actually had the whole entire account number). 

I have never ever ever had contact ever with this CA it has been on my credit since 03. What do I do?

100% positive everything matched all letters are stored on my computer.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Unpaid or paid med collection? Which DV letter did you send?

MEDICAL DV LETTER TO THE CA

or this one

ALTERNATIVE MED DV LETTER TO THE CA

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical DV letter ...... Unpaid
Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I assume you haven't changed your name since you received medical treatment which led to this bad debt?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong, this happened long ago before I got married, my last name is now different obviously and the debt is in my madien name.  The thing is both my former and current last name is on my CR. 
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.