Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPPA Letter Does Work...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

HIPPA Letter Does Work...

I mailed off my HIPPA letters for 9 collection accounts that were paid in full. TU removed all of them today. It took them 3 weeks. Now to work on Equifax.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIPPA Letter Does Work...

It's HIPAA.

And whom did you mail them to?

If you mailed them to the CRA, it's likely they were considered them disputes that weren't responded to, though that seems unlikely as the OC has 30 days to respond.

If you mailed them to the OC that makes sense, but 9 is beyond unheard of.

The HIPAA does work, I have had success. But not on all of them.

Congrats!

Message 2 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I mailed them to TU. All of these had been paid in full. All of them had been disputed with thier online service to no avail. Then I sent out the HIPPA letters and all have been removed. All of them were from two medical collection agencies. Now to maile them to Equifax and see if that works. I have heard that they are tougher.

The way I understood it I was supposed to send it to the CRA. I never thought about sending them to the OC. I guess you can't argue with success though.

The letters were typed in a script font and were in cyan on top of a blue background with lots of patterns.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 12
Trott
Established Member

Congrats!!!  That is wonderful.  Would you mind sending me a PM with an example of the letter you sent?  Still a little unsure of exactly what to put in it and have 3 medical collections I want gone!

Message 4 of 12
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I mailed off my HIPPA letters for 9 collection accounts that were paid in full. TU removed all of them today. It took them 3 weeks. Now to work on Equifax.

you sent the pre-hipaa letter to transunion correct? if so ive also had success with transunion and equifax. its EXPERIAN that wont work with me. i really need to tackle the 3 medical collections that are on my experian report

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I sent pre-hipaa handwritten letters in colorful ink to all 3 on the 18th and see they've all been rec'd. So far all I see is a fraud alert on my experian (don't know if they correlate).

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 12
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Could you PM me a copy of the letter you used, or website that I could use to find one, also did you do all of the opt out stuff prior?

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 12
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

No I didn't do the opt out stuff.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 8 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Can you please PM me the letter you used?

Message 9 of 12
Outnumbered5
Established Member

Can you please pm me the letter?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.