Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with EOS CCA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed with EOS CCA

Hi guys. I’m new to the forum here. I’m in kind of a crappy situation. I’ve cleaned up my reports over the last few years and am finally in a position to buy a home. That was until I noticed a recent entry from EOS CCA on my credit report. The is for a century link bill from 2013 from another state I lived in.

I called and offered payment in exchange for removal and they said they don’t do that. Called the original creditor and they said they can’t take my payment. So.... 7 more years on my credit report. Can anyone share with me any ways to have this removed? I would greatly appreciate this.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed with EOS CCA

It would not be on your CR for another seven years.  It is only allowed to be on the report for seven years from the date of the delinquency.  If the last payment was made in 2013 and it went dilenquent in 2013 then it should be removed from your CR in 2020.  If you make a payment and they update the account, then the seven years will start over again.  But if you went deliquent in 2013 and did not make any other payments since 2013, then the delinquency is required to be removed in 2020 (seven years later).  This means that the OC, any collections, etc dealing with this delinquency will be removed in 2020 not in 2025.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it’s showing as a new collection that is only a month old, so it’s hurting my score big time. Wondering if there is a way to get this removed.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Nothing resets the credit report exclusion date, which must be no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

That includes any payments made.

Payment or lack of payment has no relevance to credit report exclusion.

If the creditor states that they cannot take any payment, then the debt collector has purchased and now owns the debt.

Thus, you cannot use the alternate process of getting the creditor to terminate the assignment of collection authority and take payment directly from you, which then mandates that the debt collector delete their collection.

If the debt collector owns the debt, CRA policy instructs them not to delete based on payment of the debt, and hence the debt collector's policy not to do a PFD.

At this point, your only option other than waiting for exclusion based on the period from DOFD is to continue to make PFD requests to the debt collector.  Their acceptance of a PFD is totally voluntary.......

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have these guys as well 😐
Only two baddies left (one on each report). This one is on 2 reports.
My problem is that they are dishonest. Yes, I had a Verizon bill but the amount they have is wrong and the date they have is way wrong.
I only recently noticed the date error but basically, when I left Verizon, I went to Sprint (no judgement). I was recently looking at my Sprint contract and it is from August 2015. The date that Eos claims as first delinquency is February 2017. A two and-a-half year difference.
Good thing I kept my Sprint contract. It shows that I ported my number over from Verizon (August 2015). There is no way, and nor did I, have the same number with 2 different carriers for two and-a-half years.
Message 5 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I had an EOS collection that I had to pay in order to close on our home (back in 2012).  I didn't agree with the collection but since it was required to close I didn't really have a choice.  Once I paid they deleted.  Never had an agreement to do so.  Keep in mind this was pushing 7 years ago.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.