Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a roadmap - 6+ Years Gone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with a roadmap - 6+ Years Gone

Is appliance connection a revolver or a loan?
Message 11 of 24
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is appliance connection a revolver or a loan?

I think it's a Comenity store card, unless the OP applied for something else they offer.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, AC is a Comenity store card. Just tried to run my Equifax thru ACR and the same hurdle as doing it on equifax's own site. They want me to mail in copies of my ss card, dl, etc... to prove who I am. So i'll have to do that this week.
Message 13 of 24
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, AC is a Comenity store card. Just tried to run my Equifax thru ACR and the same hurdle as doing it on equifax's own site. They want me to mail in copies of my ss card, dl, etc... to prove who I am. So i'll have to do that this week.

It happens, EQ can be such a pain 

I would also recommend you read the scoring primer found in "Understanding Scoring" sub forum. It is a looong read so get your favorite beverage in hand before you start but there is a TON of really good information there

Message 14 of 24
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ's ID verification for ACR can be a PITA.  My SO can't access theirs due to the bonkers questions about loans they've never had.  We use MyEQ to keep tabs on that bureau for them.  It's an EQ site, but the info isn't quite as complete as ACR, unfortunately, and I don't know whether it's useful for judging DoFD on CAs.  It might not be any better than CK.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ's ID verification for ACR can be a PITA.  My SO can't access theirs due to the bonkers questions about loans they've never had.  We use MyEQ to keep tabs on that bureau for them.  It's an EQ site, but the info isn't quite as complete as ACR, unfortunately, and I don't know whether it's useful for judging DoFD on CAs.  It might not be any better than CK.

@Slabenstein I would expect you probably thought of this, but when I'm helping someone, I always make them have credit karma or Experian open so they can make sure they answer those questions accurately. Or are they kicking SO out with accurate answers?

Message 16 of 24
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Accurate answers.  "None of the above" to everything they put up, but the ID verification disagrees.  From what I've read here, others have the same problem w/ EQ specifically.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slabenstein I hate to start you going down the rabbit hole, but you need to pull SO’s LEXIS-NEXIS and correct the bull crap in there and that should fix that.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slabenstein wrote:

Accurate answers.  "None of the above" to everything they put up, but the ID verification disagrees.  From what I've read here, others have the same problem w/ EQ specifically.

That is too bad, for me and SO it is always 3 out of 4 questions are "none of the above" and they always ask 3 different questions that are "none of the above" but always the same question for number 4 that has an actual answer. I think it is strange.

Message 19 of 24
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Slabenstein I hate to start you going down the rabbit hole, but you need to pull SO’s LEXIS-NEXIS and correct the bull crap in there and that should fix that.

We did, or at least tried to.  LN told us they had no info on file for them.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.