Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with some collections and lates

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with some collections and lates

I just wanted to follow up on this post and say I received an email from Sprint executive office today saying they have sent a request to their credit reporting/collection department to delete the collection from my reports, and she will email again when it's complete and deleted. Thank god! I can't wait to see it gone. 

Message 11 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the success!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@new_earth Congrats on getting Sprint removed!!!

Were you able to follow up with the company managing the debt management plan?

I have zero experience with them but have heard it said that they sometimes let your accounts default in order to negotiate better terms. I feel like these companies should be upfront with their debt management strategies before doing this.

Message 13 of 16
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous  Thank you, but it still needs to disappear from my reports, that's all I'm waiting for now.

That was not the case with the accounts on my credit repayment plan. The issue was that I had to pause payments one or two months (not consecutive) and even though my payments continued after that, that one missed payment for each card carried over for months as 30 days late, 60 days late, etc. I don't need a lecture but honestly I hired a company to help me because I just don't have time to do it all myself. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted on when the deletion is made and of any score changes.

I understand now, thanks for the explanation. Its totally understandable, not everyone has the time. Are you planning on trying a few goodwill requests?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@new_earth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @new_earth :

I'm glad to hear you're rebuilding your credit again. For me at least, it took me a lot of courage just to even look at my CR so I applaud you for doing do. 

I am very new to this credit stuff so I am not going to give you any information that I am not sure of because I am still learning myself. I am able to offer some advice regarding the sprint bill and ERC. I was able to work out an agreement with sprint because my girlfriend owed them almost $800. 

This is how I went about doing it. 

First I found out if Sprint still owned the debt or if they sold it to ERC. I found out that Sprint rarely sells off its debt and only hires the collections to do just that "Collect". This might change because of the recent merge with T-Mobile but my girlfriend is still able to make $100 payments directly to Sprint each month. 

Second, you need something in writing or at least verbal(depending on your state--please check prior). I have found that they won't directly put things in writing. So what I did was spoke to them via chat and requested someone in upper management. In the chat, I worked out an agreement. I typed the agreement up and had them agree to it right in the chat. I then utilized the option to email the chat to yourself. 

My girlfriend simply opens up the chat every month and pay them directly $100. She hasn't finished paying them off as of yet but I do have that in writing just in case it ends up being disputed. Sprint apparently communicates that with ERC because her balance for the collections update each time on her CR. 

I actually just paid the whole thing in full today with Sprint directly through chat and the lady said it should be removed from my credit reports immediately. Not sure how much I believe that but I hope she's right! Gonna give it a few days and see what happens. But I am pretty sure it will be removed. Then the main thing I have to worry about are all the lates and innacurate "charge-offs" which weren't charge-offs...I'm gonna call my credit counseling agency and see what they think. 

You got lucky with Sprint! I went in circles with them and they said they would remove it amd when I asked for them to be clear thay it would come off my CRs they would follow up with "well we will have them update it to $0 owed, we can't have them remove it due to accurate reporting". I tried a few times and it was a mess. Thankfully the CA that was endorsed with my account went belly up, so before they sent it off to the next CA, as an agreement if I paid it a up right then.

Fingers crossed that they keep their word, keep a record of the chat transcripts!

Good luck!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.