Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get rid of a Collection Account

tag
betsyboop
Established Member

How can I get rid of a Collection Account

I have a collection account listed on my transunion and experion scores but not my equifax.  It is 2 years and 11 months old.  It's from RJM ACQ LLC is there any way I can get rid of this.  How long does it take to come off my record.  It brings down my scores by about 50 points (Compared to the equifax score which does not display it).  I'm trying to buy a house sometime next year and would really like to get rid of it.

Any help with be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
betsyboop
Established Member

Re: How can I get rid of a Collection Account

I paid it off like two years ago and I called them and they said that the would take it off.  (keeping my fingers crossed)  They said it would take 30-45 days to come off my report.  I guess now I just sit and wait. 

Thanks for the help!!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I had the same account on my credit report and paid them a few weeks ago with an agreement they would delete the item from my CR's.  I pulled an updated report on Monday and noticed it showed unpaid so I gave them a call yesterday and they promised to take care of it.  Recieved an email today from my credit monitoring - the item has been deleted from all three reports. 

Sometimes it just takes a lot of calling to make things happen.  This is pretty quick which is unusual but I guess it's my faith.

Give them a call.  The number is 646.383.1481

Best wishes
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is DOFD, DOLA, and SOL?

If SOL is expired or you can PIF, then I would DV.

If they validate, then I would send them a PFD.

Without their agreement to PFD, it won't be removed.

Just paying it won't get it removed.
Message 3 of 5
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

All ca are bad. This one however, will work with you. If you pif, get a letter saying this, they will delete it.
Message 4 of 5
betsyboop
Established Member

I paid it off like two years ago and I called them and they said that the would take it off.  (keeping my fingers crossed)  They said it would take 30-45 days to come off my report.  I guess now I just sit and wait. 

Thanks for the help!!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.