Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to GW a judge?

tag
lundungurl
New Contributor

How to GW a judge?

Good morning everyone,

I need to get rid of a judgement from Columbia Collection service dated 2/15/07. Do I just send a GW to the judge and does it have to be the same judge who had the case? Or do I need to contact the plaintiff attorney first and ask if they are agreeable? My idea was to send a GW letter to plaintiffs attorney and if they agree and send me a letter, then send that letter with the GW to the judge.

I live in Oregon and as far as I can tell, you can get a Vacate with just contacting the judge. By the way this judgement is paid. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to GW a judge?

I don't think you can GW a judge.  I am pretty sure you have to vacate it.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

I don't think you can GW a judge.  I am pretty sure you have to vacate it.

+1.   Typically you would have to request the CA/attorney that filed the lawsuit originally and ask them to submit a motion to vacate.   This is the process that I am aware of, although perhaps in your state things are different.     Obviously there's nothing to stop you from mailing a GW letter to the judge, I just don't know if it will work.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I sent a GW letter to the judge in my count along with a copy of "motion to vacate" form that I found online.  She vacated it.  Didn't even have to pay a filing fee.

I have a post here that even includes the letter I sent to the judge.  It's "I GOT MY JUDGMENT VACATED" and you can find it by searching, the post also has the name of the form I used. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I did letters to all three credit agencies asking for MOV ( Method of Verification) for my paid judgements. They I guess could not or decided not to deal with it and deleted from my credit reports. I have a thread that shows my letter as well. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.