Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did a bad thing, now I need advice

tag
kiasmith1974
Contributor

I did a bad thing, now I need advice

So with my recent Cap One EO success ( cli and quicksilver upgrade)and a credit boost this month from low utilization reporting, I went out and had a mini app spree.

I got approved for 4 low limit cards and a $7000 kay jewler cl. In total I have about $15000 in available credit now.

My scores are probably still low around 620-640. My current AAoA is 3 years. I have about 7 inq's added in the last 2 weeks, I will have to pull my reports next week to see what reports they are on.

How much of a drop can I expect ? and how long will this hurt ? My plan is not to use much if any of the available credit for now, and I defenitly am done applying for anything for at least a year.
Starting FICO 485
Myfico 635 (3/01/14)
EX FAKO 667 EQ 697 Barclaycard TU 707 4/27/14 (yea!)
Mortgage Ready End of 2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I did a bad thing, now I need advice

I wouldn't sweat it. IME, I've lost 20-25 when adding new accounts but I've found that all of the points returned by a year at the latest. Just remain app free and pay off those CCs ASAP.

Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kiasmith1974 wrote:
So with my recent Cap One EO success ( cli and quicksilver upgrade)and a credit boost this month from low utilization reporting, I went out and had a mini app spree.

I got approved for 4 low limit cards and a $7000 kay jewler cl. In total I have about $15000 in available credit now.

My scores are probably still low around 620-640. My current AAoA is 3 years. I have about 7 inq's added in the last 2 weeks, I will have to pull my reports next week to see what reports they are on.

How much of a drop can I expect ? and how long will this hurt ? My plan is not to use much if any of the available credit for now, and I defenitly am done applying for anything for at least a year.

What's done is done and don't let it bother you

Yes you will see a drop in scores and AAoA as a result of the HP's and accounts reporting 

The average recovery time is between 6-9 months for a thin file 

It is now time to garden those new TL's while increasing AAoA, scores and aging those INQ's

The ding from new INQ's last for about 6 month

At 1 year the INQ's have no Fico scoring impact

But remains on CR's for 2 years 

Congrats on the new TL's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

im just wondering what cards did you get approved for?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 5
kiasmith1974
Contributor

Thanks for the replys! I told myself stay put until the end of 2014.

but it doesn't sound so bad, I haven't seen a drop in scores yet due to the inquires.

In addition to the $7000 Kays (that one shocked me!) HP'd EQ

I obtained Jcrew (no HP used the shopping cart trick) SP'd EX

GAP $300 HP'd TU

Zales $800 (no use for this still kicking myself for the app) HP'd EX

Macy's $600 HP'd EX

I also was denied for

Nordstrom HP'd TU and EX

Walmart HP'd EQ I think, not showing on TU or EX

Don't plan to use any of the cl's expect maybe Macy's and with %24.99 interest, only using for the additional discounts!

Starting FICO 485
Myfico 635 (3/01/14)
EX FAKO 667 EQ 697 Barclaycard TU 707 4/27/14 (yea!)
Mortgage Ready End of 2015
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.