cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this LexisNexis lien bad or ok?

tag
justjess

Re: Is this LexisNexis lien bad or ok?

I also have a question about lexis nexus... are there any time limitations to what they place in these reports? 

I had a foreclosure in 2012 that is still showing (not on my credit reports though) and some judgement with no date on it that I was never even made aware of and have no idea what it is referencing at all. I do not know how to proceed as I can not find the lexis nexus "rules" anywhere. 

Message 21 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@justjess wrote:

I also have a question about lexis nexus... are there any time limitations to what they place in these reports? 

I had a foreclosure in 2012 that is still showing (not on my credit reports though) and some judgement with no date on it that I was never even made aware of and have no idea what it is referencing at all. I do not know how to proceed as I can not find the lexis nexus "rules" anywhere. 

They are considered a CRA by the CFPB so the FCRA applies to them and a FC that happened in 2012 cannot be reported any longer, dispute it based on it being too old to be reported. As far as the judgment you can contact the court if you dont know anything about it. CRAs typically dont report them anymore. If this is from something that is not yours you should file a motion with the court to have it reversed based on ID Theft. There are things you need to do if it is in fact ID Theft.

Message 22 of 24
justjess

thank you. i will move forward with both of those suggestions.

question - how can they list something with no date? if they can only keep things for a specified period of time wouldn't there need to be a date? 

Message 23 of 24
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Lexisnexis reports all your alias, address's former and present, any judgements, tax liens, foreclosure, collections, standard credit accounts, driving records, insurance records (claims and policies and payment history) criminal records, property records including assessments, and just about everything else including your relatives names, DOB, phone numbers former and current, and probably the make of your shoes (lol) but definitely the make of your automobile. They have so much history it's crazy and if any of it is inaccurate it can seriously make verification of identity nearly impossible for online applications. Get a free copy and study all of it (in my case 196 pages) for accuracy and if it's not definitely dispute it. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.