Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last derog

tag
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

Last derog

Hello,

I have one last derogatory remaining on my credit reports. It is for $557 held by portfolio recovery. It is 4 years old.

I know they pay for delete but do you think I could get them down to a lesser amount and still get a paid for delete.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

Re: Last derog

I guess that's a question only you would know the answer to.

Is $557.00 worth having a clean slate? Or do you risk having a negative interaction with them and blowing it for 3 more years.

Anything is possible, but is it worth it for $557.00?

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 2 of 12
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

Extremely good point. I just don't have the 557 at the moment. I was hoping they might want to be done with this also.

Wishful thinking.

Message 3 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can try to negotiate a lower amount. You wouldn't hurt anything. Worst they can do is say no. It's a common misconception that engaging a CA and trying to negotiate would reset the 7 year exclusion period. It wouldn't. Now the SOL (Statute of Limitations) for being sued could *potentially* be reset, depending on your state's laws.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 12
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

In California that's exactly what can happen. If I even broached the subject of asking for pay for delete it could potentially reset the clock for them to sue.

So how do people negotiate pay for delete.

Message 5 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ramsport wrote:

In California that's exactly what can happen. If I even broached the subject of asking for pay for delete it could potentially reset the clock for them to sue.

So how do people negotiate pay for delete.

Well, it'd probably be best if you could have the full amount on hand in case they reject whatever you offer. Otherwise, they do offer payment plans and yes you'd still get the PFD.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 12
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

PRA has a stated policy of not resetting the SOL no matter what. Call them and offer, worst they can do is say no. Offer 50% see what they say.

Message 7 of 12
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

Thank you to all who replied. 

I just checked they actually have it on their website that they'll delete.

Any suggestions on amount to start with.

Message 8 of 12
danny2021

They may already have an offer out to you.  Log into your account online. If an offer is available, you'll see it there.

Message 9 of 12
Ramsport
Regular Contributor

I didn't know that thank you.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.