Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates on Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates on Mortgage

Hello and I am new to this board and I love it!  My husband and I have been through some very difficult financial times in the last 3 years and are now just coming around.  We have serious delinquencies on our credit and a lot of lates for our mortgage.  We went into foreclosure in June of 07 and have been on a repayment plan since July 07 with our servicer, we will come out of this by the end of this month (April).  The foreclosure was never listed on our credit report or in public records, but the lates were.  My question is this, now (May) that our mortgage payments will be current going forward and we do not have any cc's how fast will my credit score raise?  I know that it will be slow, but now that we have saved our home we arew out to repair our credit.  My current FICO score is 485 and my husbands is about the same.  I am sure that there are details that I am leaving out, but please forgive me since I am a newbie Smiley Wink 

Any advice will be appreciated!

Tiffany
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Lates on Mortgage

This is the loan forum. You might get a better response in the dredit forum.
Good luck.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley HappyThanks Tom!  I moved the post over to general credit.

Tiffany
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

and, btw.
That was a typo.... i meant to type CREDIT and not DREDIT
Smiley Very Happy
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet is to use the GW (goodwill) letter for the mortgage company...some mortgage companies forgive customers...and will delete lates...all depends on the company...getting those lates removed will help your score TREMENDOUSLY...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.