Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LexisNexis Report -- Next level creepy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LexisNexis Report -- Next level creepy

So I pulled my LexisNexis report due to a decline from NASA Federal Credit Union.

Has anyone else pulled this? This is about the CREEPIEST most INVASIVE document I've ever seen. Every email address and name associated with every address ever associated with myself, people of similar names, people whose names don't come close to resembling mine, roommates, internet purchase history, offline purchase activity, "online marketing records", people I've associated with... how is any of this anyone's business? 

How do I get rid of this information?!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LexisNexis Report -- Next level creepy

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pulled my LexisNexis report due to a decline from NASA Federal Credit Union.

Has anyone else pulled this? This is about the CREEPIEST most INVASIVE document I've ever seen. Every email address and name associated with every address ever associated with myself, people of similar names, people whose names don't come close to resembling mine, roommates, internet purchase history, offline purchase activity, "online marketing records", people I've associated with... how is any of this anyone's business? 

Wow. I knew they had a lot, but I had no idea they had that much!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!  Smiley Surprised  Ordered mine about a week ago.  Now I'm afraid to look at it. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Follow the directions on the LN online and it will tell you step by step how to freeze it.  That is why I asked for mine, I intend to never let it be seen again.  Well, except for the ones who already have your credit info.  They will always have the right to see all the hidden sneeks out there until legislation changes it.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Follow the directions on the LN online and it will tell you step by step how to freeze it.  That is why I asked for mine, I intend to never let it be seen again.  Well, except for the ones who already have your credit info.  They will always have the right to see all the hidden sneeks out there until legislation changes it.

Thank you for this. I'll be freezing this ASAP. 

Honestly the offline shopping activity really was the thing that tossed me over the edge. Worse than the google ads that show you what you just talked about in Skype or Facebook messenger!!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep!  Don't forget to look online.  There are a few of these out there.  I am still working on some.  I won't stop until I freeze them all. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are MORE?! I'm suddenly regretting every newsletter I've signed up for. And catalogue. And ordered. 

I mean there are AVERAGE AMOUNTS SPENT PER TRIP ON HERE. AT EACH ADDRESS.

AHHHHHHH

Message 7 of 12
_NERD
Established Contributor

Bumping an old thread to share some data points I learned from my own personal experience.

I think it was last year I requested a full file disclosure from LexisNexis for myself. You can do this once per year. You can opt out of them sharing your info through their public facing products. You can also opt out of pre-screened offers from creditors and insurance companies who use LexisNexis to pre screen you. This is where my personal experience may have bit me in the arse.

A couple weeks ago I opted out of LexisNexis sharing entirely. Today I tried to join PenFed but they couldn't pull some security questions from "public records" (NOT EQ).

After reading some topics tonight I think opting out is making it difficult for me to join CUs that pull LexisNexis data. Now I have to go get my state ID, SSN card, and utility bill notarized and fax/mail/e-Mail it into them for identity verification. I'm probably going to have to do this with ACU, and the other popular CUs here on the forum.

Privacy comes at a cost. I hope this data point is informative to y'all.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely appreciate the info.

I just wish they wouldn't have SO MUCH information. 

Message 9 of 12
disney2
Regular Contributor

This makes way more sense now.  Last week, I called a company (I can't even remember what company it was but it was dealing with my credit report/score) and they asked me the oddest questions!  Like how old was "John Doe".  "John Doe" was my ex-husband that I've been divorced from for over 22 years!  Yesterday, I joined ACU and got similar questions and one was about my daughter in law, but with her maiden name that she hasn't used in 16 years.  Very creepy indeed.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.