cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection Previously Paid - What is the best way to proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection Previously Paid - What is the best way to proceed?

Hi All!

This is a great forum, and I have learned so much.  I need your advice.

My DW has a small medical collection on her CR dating back to 2003.  It came from a doctor, but the OC was actually reflected as a medical company that we did not recognize as it was not the doctor or office we typically paid.  I should have addressed it at the time, but I didn't.  Live and learn.  Multiple small doctor bills were combined into one total and sent to the CA, Merchants and Medical Credit.  When they sent us a letter with the amount, I did not recognize the amount or OC.  It progressed to a collection status, and they then gave me the doctor name, amounts, etc.  Then it all made sense to me.  I immediately paid them ($102), but they still hit the DW CR, and it is showing paid.  It is her only deregatory item.

I faxed them a GW, but have not received any response or change on the CR.  I called them today, and received a flat out "no" on removing it from the CR.  I did dig up the President's name online.  Should I address a GW to him directly?  Has anybody had any experience with this company?  Is there anything else I can do to try and get this removed?

Thanks for your help!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Medical Collection Previously Paid - What is the best way to proceed?

If you have the name of the president of the company, I would send the letter to him.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply - I am going to give it a shot.  I guess I have nothing to lose.  If it doesn't work, I may even go back to the doctor to see if they can pressure the CA to remove it to keep a happy customer. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the president's name to Merchants&Medical, please let me know. I'm trying to get them to remove a CO acct for a storage company who is no longer in business.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.