Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections question

tag
ruger33
New Contributor

Medical Collections question

Ive been lurking and reading for some time now and you all have an amazing site. Thank you for the wealth of information. On to my issues...

I have 2 med collections (same OC and CA) that I recently found out about by pulling my CR.  They are legit and I owe. I will pay them regardless of the outcome, but would obviously like them off of my cr.

They are for a total of $256. Only being reported by the CA and not the OC. I spoke with the OC and asked that if I PIF, would they pull them back from the CA and was told that they will just report as paid collection. that really does me no good as I want them gone and deleted.

Any suggestions? Ive had no contact with anyone but the OC.

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Medical Collections question

Message 2 of 5
ruger33
New Contributor

That seemed to be the next logical step, though, in my weeks of reading there are many different opinions on this subject. I guess I was mainly worried about the ones that say,  in a nutshell "never communicate with a CA regarding medical, deal only with the OC"

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is the general consensus.  Myself included.  However, you know the debt is yours so I see no harm in calling them.  You could write them or even email them too,

For a medical debt they are referring to something called the HIPAA process which is supposedly only to work if you have no contact with the CA.  IMO, it is overrated and really doesn't work.  Others may have different opinions.

I just find it easier to contact the CA and offer a PFD.

Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.