Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland dofd question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland dofd question

I have Equifax Platinum Shield™ and the 3-in-1 Credit Report As of: 08/31/2015 lists under Negative, Open accounts for Experian, a Midland Funding (a Target account they have) as Account Type: Installment, past due $689, and in the comments says “LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 07/2013=I9 ORIGINAL CREDITOR: TARGET NATIONAL BANK “.

I used annualcreditreport.com to get an Equifax report on 9/3/2015 and for the Original TARGET NATIONAL BANK account it states Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 12/2010 and Date of First Delinquency: 06/2010, and for the Midland account with Target it lists Date of First Delinquency: 05/2010 and Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 09/2012.

Honestly, I am looking for something to "complain about" to attempt to have Midland removed from credit reports.

Any advice on the little discrepancies that I can argue for removal? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland dofd question

Unfortunately you will need to go the PFD route and Midland is the worst of the worst. If you dispute they are not required to remove they are only required to update the correct info. Midland is notorious for updating monthly and you do not want that to happen. Looks like it is due to stay on your reports for a little less than 2 years. Start the PFD process and hope for the best. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was afraid of that. & I have two accounts with them and they both update monthly and slowly increase the balances....

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You could certainly pursue a dispute of the accuracy of the reported DOFD, but in my opinion, I would not recommend doing so.

First, the debt collector has, in fact, reported a DOFD that is more beneficial to the consumer.

They reported 5/2010, which is earlier than the 6/2010 date reported by the OC, which results in a max credit report exclusion date of one month earlier.

A dispute would, as stated in the earlier post, not require deletion of the collection, and could result an updated DOFD of 6/2010.

Is that what you want?

Second, it is possible that the debt collector actually contacted the OC, and was provided the 5/2010 date.  The OC could have determined that to be the accurate date.

Thus, it is not per se inaccurate for the debt collector to have reported a different date IF it was provided to them by the OC.

I would highly recommend not disputing, particularly if you will be seeking a PFD or a later GW deletion.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland is horrible. If you are needing new credit in the near future and can afford it, paying would stop the monthly reporting. It would show as a paid collection. If you are not needing new major credit then wait it out, it is hitting your score hard but it is aging.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.