Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Jewelers Club

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: My Jewelers Club

Excellent advice from above.

If building credit, consider a lender that has more products to offer as your son's credit profile improves. Example: secured / unsecured, low APR, cash back, travel cards, soft pull CLI Credit Limit Increases, checking and savings account, etc.

Utilization padding is great but if the fee outweighs the benefits, then perhaps re-evaluating the product is in order.

Lots of secured card options out there. I'll include Bank Of America, CITI, local credit union or the major ones such as Navy Federal Credit Union if eligible.

Message 11 of 17
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Yes I did.  The credit line helps a lot.  Everyones situation is different and there are many opinions on credit style.  Do you.  And make sure it is a good decision for your credit build.  Keep reading for this board is full of great information.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on what you need it for. If you're rebuilding I'd suggest against but if your utilization is high and you need an instant boost I feel it's the best

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY for asking because it's been recommended. I felt it was kinda pricey. But I might want the possible points it'll give me. 🙏🏻

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for outlining why you like it. I appreciate that. 

Secondarily, $100 is 2.5x my AF elsewhere. Plus, I'm looking to segue to No AF cards. I'm just citing that for the breadcrumb trail. 

The additional credit in my total profile could make it worth it for 11.75 months. 🙏🏻

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

Yes I did.  The credit line helps a lot.  Everyones situation is different and there are many opinions on credit style.  Do you.  And make sure it is a good decision for your credit build.  Keep reading for this board is full of great information.

Do you recall about how many additional points it conferred when you added it, please? 🙏🏻

Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.