Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My journey to 800 club - rebuild in progress

tag
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

Action Plan

Alright so i've been reading a bit of Dave Ramsey as of late and I actually setup a budget using his EveryDollar budget.  This is the first time i've actually sat down and wrote out a monthly budget.  Since i really don't use cash at all anymore, i signed up to track my expenses using my debit card which will automatically input into the budget as well, so no having to hold on to receipts.   Pretty cool Smiley Happy    i'm really motivated right now and all the comments, support, critique from the community here just adds to the fire.  Much appreciated!

I went ahead and asked for a CLI with Amex BCE since i've had the card now for over 90 days and it only has a 1,000 limit. I've read that you can get an CLI after 61 days, then 6 months after that. Supposed to be a 3x limit increase for the first increase?  I asked for 3000.00 increase.   The Citi Double Cash card i've yet to receive as i just got approved for it at 1700.00.  That should really help the utilization score once that posts to the CBs.    So the plan of action now is to Garden and work on getting utilizations low, somehow get the 2 medical collections paid and off my credit report.   Let my new accounts age as well.   I think i'm on the right path so any other input is welcome!

to be continued...

Start: 7/25/16 EQ: 605 TU: 597 EX: 611
Current: EQ: 703 TU: 741 EX: 700

Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Action Plan

@SprintToFinish wrote:

Alright so i've been reading a bit of Dave Ramsey as of late and I actually setup a budget using his EveryDollar budget.  This is the first time i've actually sat down and wrote out a monthly budget.  Since i really don't use cash at all anymore, i signed up to track my expenses using my debit card which will automatically input into the budget as well, so no having to hold on to receipts.   Pretty cool Smiley Happy    i'm really motivated right now and all the comments, support, critique from the community here just adds to the fire.  Much appreciated!

I went ahead and asked for a CLI with Amex BCE since i've had the card now for over 90 days and it only has a 1,000 limit. I've read that you can get an CLI after 61 days, then 6 months after that. Supposed to be a 3x limit increase for the first increase?  I asked for 3000.00 increase.   The Citi Double Cash card i've yet to receive as i just got approved for it at 1700.00.  That should really help the utilization score once that posts to the CBs.    So the plan of action now is to Garden and work on getting utilizations low, somehow get the 2 medical collections paid and off my credit report.   Let my new accounts age as well.   I think i'm on the right path so any other input is welcome!

to be continued...

Just curious, with AMEX, and your UTI right now did they give you the 3x increase? Thanks!

Message 12 of 45
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SprintToFinish wrote:

to be continued...

Just curious, with AMEX, and your UTI right now did they give you the 3x increase? Thanks!

UPDATE:    No go on the CLI with AMEX... I should have lowered my UTI under 10% or PIF before i tried to get a CLI, I am at a 80% UTI with them right now. 

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SprintToFinish wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SprintToFinish wrote:

to be continued...

UPDATE:    No go on the CLI with AMEX... I should have lowered my UTI under 10% or PIF before i tried to get a CLI, I am at a 80% UTI with them right now. 

Yikes! thats what I was afraid off when I saw your post.... you would have to wait 90 days again from denial to retry?

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My journey to 800 club - rebuild in progress

what score did you have when you got your Amex BCE?  any baddies?

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what score did you have when you got your Amex BCE?  any baddies?

You can try it at 625 EXP... I was conditionally approved for it with only a starting $500 but when my score jumped to 650 I was approved for BCP for $5,000.

Good luck!

Message 16 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the fast reply. wow, i didnt know that.  625 seems very low.  im over here with 691 and was too scared to be denied.  thank your for your answser,  im going to go look at their cards now.

Message 17 of 45
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@SprintToFinish wrote:

to be continued...

Hey man, listening to Dave Ramsey and having all those credit cards is sacrilegious! J-k 

But seriously, kudos to you for your rebuild take 2. I'm also on my 2nd attempt. How's that every dollar counts budgeting program working for you? I'm currently looking for a good budgeting/checkbook registrar to use. 

Thanks! Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 45
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@SprintToFinish wrote:

to be continued...

Hey man, listening to Dave Ramsey and having all those credit cards is sacrilegious! J-k 

But seriously, kudos to you for your rebuild take 2. I'm also on my 2nd attempt. How's that every dollar counts budgeting program working for you? I'm currently looking for a good budgeting/checkbook registrar to use. 

Thanks! Best credit wishes to you!

LOL i know right!  Budget is actually working pretty good so far.. i'm pretty much done with month 1 of the EveryDollar budget and i get paid tomorrow(bi weekly) so I start up month 2.  I'm really into the budget system now and its very user friendly.   You can download the app on your phone and use the PC version as well.  They give you a 15 day free trial version for the EverDollar PLUS version, which links/tracks your spending accounts for you, otherwise you have to manually input every purchase in, if you decide to track your spending.    I was doing some research on MINT app as well for budget tracking etc but think imma stick with the everydollar for now.

Message 19 of 45
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

Quick Update

No new changes on the scores or anything.  

I've been reading up a bit on the HIPAA and my 2 medical collections.   I've also disputed all 3 CB's regarding my old addresses on there and to update with my current address which i've been at for 2.5 years now.    I've also decided to OPT OUT of pre screens.    I'm going to wait for the CB's to update my addresses then we'll move on to the next stop in the process.

I'll update again when i have something interesting to report!   

Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement! 

to be continued...

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.