cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Charge-Offs

tag
secondgo

NFCU Charge-Offs

Is there a specific department I need to talk to at NFCU? I'm trying to correct the loss I caused and they are saying that since it was sold to Resurgent/LVNV, that can't happen even if I pay the balance through Resurgent. I've seen many people on here get this done though. Anyone have ideas? 

Thanks in Advance! 

8 REPLIES 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Charge-Offs

Hello and welcome,

I'm not sure about the exact department, but I've requested for a mod to move your thread to the Rebuilding-Your-Credit forum for better exposure. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Go to annualcreditreport.com. Look at the balance from NFCU. If its $0 balance. They sold it. But if you pay/settle it will be deleted.

Message 3 of 9
secondgo

Yeah I get that part. It WAS sold. NFCU is no longer reporting at all. The problem is the reps I'm talking to are telling me no more member benefits at all, forever. With no option to voluntarily repay. 

Message 4 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yikes. How long did it take for them to send it to the CA?

Message 5 of 9
sznthescore
Established Contributor

NFCU use to keep delinquent accounts in house. They have since changed their policy it appears or its a case of YMMV.  Personally, I had to go through a security appeals process. Paid the charge-off, went through a security appeal and got back in after 7 years of restriction. Detailed post on my personal experience. Business is back to normal with NFCU. I wish you the best of luck.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 6 of 9
Thexy1
Established Member

If you pay the CA both the CA and OC lines will be deleted?

Message 7 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

In my case NFCU sold our accounts to LVNV a couple of months before it was out of SOL (sold in Oct 2022, Texas 4 year SOL up in Dec of 2022)

Message 8 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Thexy1 wrote:

If you pay the CA both the CA and OC lines will be deleted?

LVNV or Resurgent will delete once settled or paid. Charge off dont go anywhere. Pay them back and wait for the day to get back in.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.