cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OASIS program and AMEX and the rebuilding phase....

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

OASIS program and AMEX and the rebuilding phase....

I am in the OASIS program with AMEX and have paid $1000 of a $2100 dollar bill.  I was told by the people that they would update the amount on each of the CRA's.  On my EQ report it has not changed since 9/2008 and is reporting that I still owe 2100.  I am desperately trying to rebuild my credit as I need to refinance my car soon. 

The same goes for my Target account.  I paid it off earlier this month on a settlement.  I was told that once they received funds that it would be paid in full (I have written confirmation).  It is now showing on all reports as if I still owe $200.  I contact Target and was told it would be corrected ASAP. 

What should I do with the AMEX reporting?  Target?

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OASIS program and AMEX and the rebuilding phase....

Call AmEx to see why they aren't updating/reporting?

If Target has agreed to fix, I would wait 30 days to see if they do.

Message 2 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Call AmEx to see why they aren't updating/reporting?

If Target has agreed to fix, I would wait 30 days to see if they do.

thanks for the suggestion.  I will call them ASAP.

I do have a couple more questions.  JcPenney sold my account to Sherman Financial.  LVNV is on my credit report and I DVed them.  They "verified".  I called JCPenney just to confirm that they did sell it and they gave me the number to Sherman Financial.  It is the same number that LVNV sent with the DV response.  I sent them a PFD with yet another CA that is apparently collecting for LVNV via email.  Do you think that I should also send a PFD also directly to LVNV?

On my JCPenney account with TransUnion it is still showing a balance.  On EX and EQ they are showing a $0 balance.  But when I called JcPenney I am automatically sent to GE Money who says that I need to contact JcPenney.  Its gotten me nothing but a headache!  Should I just go ahead and dispute it with transUnion since I have not been able to get JCPenney?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only send a PFD to the CA reporting.

If the OC sold, they should be reporting a $0 balance. What is the last updated/reported date for the account that is not updated to $0?

Message 4 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only send a PFD to the CA reporting.

If the OC sold, they should be reporting a $0 balance. What is the last updated/reported date for the account that is not updated to $0?

For Experian the last time reported was 9/2008

For Equifax the last time reported was 9/2008

For TransUnion the last time reported was 1/2008

I sent a PFD c/o the CA who sent a letter stating they were collecting for LVNV and I also sent one directly to LVNV.  What is crazy is that all of these CA's have the same phone number but different address.  Not interested in calling them at all.  In my initial DV letter I requested snail mail correspondance. My first DV back in October was to the CA collecting for LVNV and they failed to validate but they were not on my report.  They also did a hard pull on my account back then.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV is part of a large group of different collection agencies.

If LVNV is the one reporting, only accept a PFD from them, as they are the only one who can remove what they reported, another CA can not remove it.

Message 6 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LVNV is part of a large group of different collection agencies.

If LVNV is the one reporting, only accept a PFD from them, as they are the only one who can remove what they reported, another CA can not remove it.

Oh, I know that the only people that can delete is the actual company listing the account.  I really hate the fact that LVNV has this account.  I received 3 different letters from 1. Resurgent 2. LVNV and then 3. Niagara Credit collecting for LVNV.  but since LVNV is showing on my report, they are the one that will get the response form me.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.