cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once A CA Updates To Paid, Can The OC Still Retract Or Help Get A Deletion???

tag
stephylyn12

Once A CA Updates To Paid, Can The OC Still Retract Or Help Get A Deletion???

I had 2 collections with North American Recovery. One for $54 & another for $80. Both were from the same OC. After several failed PFD attempts to the CA and unwillingness from the OC to retract the collection, I payed the OC the $134 over the phone on March 17th. A few weeks ago, the $80 collection updated to Paid but the $54 reported as unpaid in collections still. Ive tried to GW the CA. Ive called, mailed & emailed everyone I could find emails for from the CEO down to the Collections Dept. Trainer. I keep getting denied. I received 2 letters from the CA at the end of last week. Both stating the same exact thing that they are no longer representing the OC for the "unpaid" $54 account therefore they have submitted a request to have that account deleted from my reports. I checked my reports today and in deed the $54 account has been deleted from my reports but the $80 collection still stands showing as Paid. I called the CA again today trying to get them to delete thinking that maybe there was a mistake and they meant to delete the other account as well and mistakenly processed the same account twice. Nope! They assured me that the only reason they deleted is because the OC cancelled that one collection and that the other collection will remain on my reports as Paid as they have it noted on my account that I have been asking for a deletion and to keep denying me.

My question is, is there anything I can ask the OC to do now that the CA has updated to Paid?? I wonder if the OC meant to cancel both but since the CA had already updated one and not the other, that the CA only canceled the one reporting as unpaid. Any insight or advice on this??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Once A CA Updates To Paid, Can The OC Still Retract Or Help Get A Deletion???

@stephylyn12 wrote:

I had 2 collections with North American Recovery. One for $54 & another for $80. Both were from the same OC. After several failed PFD attempts to the CA and unwillingness from the OC to retract the collection, I payed the OC the $134 over the phone on March 17th. A few weeks ago, the $80 collection updated to Paid but the $54 reported as unpaid in collections still. Ive tried to GW the CA. Ive called, mailed & emailed everyone I could find emails for from the CEO down to the Collections Dept. Trainer. I keep getting denied. I received 2 letters from the CA at the end of last week. Both stating the same exact thing that they are no longer representing the OC for the "unpaid" $54 account therefore they have submitted a request to have that account deleted from my reports. I checked my reports today and in deed the $54 account has been deleted from my reports but the $80 collection still stands showing as Paid. I called the CA again today trying to get them to delete thinking that maybe there was a mistake and they meant to delete the other account as well and mistakenly processed the same account twice. Nope! They assured me that the only reason they deleted is because the OC cancelled that one collection and that the other collection will remain on my reports as Paid as they have it noted on my account that I have been asking for a deletion and to keep denying me.

My question is, is there anything I can ask the OC to do now that the CA has updated to Paid?? I wonder if the OC meant to cancel both but since the CA had already updated one and not the other, that the CA only canceled the one reporting as unpaid. Any insight or advice on this??

If the OC said they would recall the CAs on both accounts call them and remind them of their agreement, tell them it was done only for 1 and that they need to do it for the second collection. If they refuse to do so then file BBB complaint on the OC for shoddy business practice.

Message 2 of 6
stephylyn12

Re: Once A CA Updates To Paid, Can The OC Still Retract Or Help Get A Deletion???

Thats the thing though, the OC never agreed to recall either of the collections thats why I am so confused about all this.
Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Chances are, they won't mess with it.  Have you tried a GW to the CA?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
stephylyn12

Been trying that. Was told today that they have it noted on my account to keep denying my requests for a GW deletion
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@stephylyn12 wrote:
Been trying that. Was told today that they have it noted on my account to keep denying my requests for a GW deletion

LOL....  send them anyway!  It takes manhours to open them.  Don't put the return address on the envelope.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.