Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One main financial updating

tag
w121jld
Contributor

One main financial updating

One main financial called me today and stated that since my account was settled that they are going to remove the charge off and just report as settled in full. Will this raise my credit score? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One main financial updating

No.
Message 2 of 15
w121jld
Contributor

Even if it is reporting every month as a charge off?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it update every month?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it will still be a charge off, but settled in full? Once it stops reporting and ages it won't be as bad. But I don't think your scores will increase because it is settled.
Message 5 of 15
w121jld
Contributor

It does report every month. She said the charge off will be removed. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the CO status is removed, yes, that should help your scores. How much depends on the age.

Message 7 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Deletion of the reported charge-off will remove a major derog from scoring.

The extent to which that might affect scoring is then dependent primarily upon what other derogs remain.

If there are still other major derogs, you remain in a less-favorable "bucket" under Payment History, and significant score increase is unlikely.

However, if the CO was your last major derog, you will move into a "clean" scoring bucket under Payment History, and more significant score increase is likely.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Deletion of the reported charge-off will remove a major derog from scoring.

The extent to which that might affect scoring is then dependent primarily upon what other derogs remain.

If there are still other major derogs, you remain in a less-favorable "bucket" under Payment History, and significant score increase is unlikely.

However, if the CO was your last major derog, you will move into a "clean" scoring bucket under Payment History, and more significant score increase is likely.

Age is a factor as well, a CO under 2 years old will yield more points when removed than a 5 year old CO, all other things being equal.

Message 9 of 15
w121jld
Contributor

The account is about 5 years old, but it's been charged off reporting every month since 05/2012.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.