Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Success

I mailed in a PFD letter to my only collection, an unknown medical bill for $488.  They agreed to the delete, so I brought in cashiers check for full amount to thier office yesterday.  In turn they gave me a letter stating that bill was paid in full and that furthermore they were removing the item from all credit bureaus.  Should I wait for them to report to the credit bureaus or should I mail in the letter to the bueaus aswell??

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: PFD Success

I would dispute directly with CRAs. If CA agreed to remove, they won't "verify" information therefore causing it to be deleted.
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I'd give them a little time to make sure their systems update to show the account pif.  If you dispute with the CRA and the CA system still shows it outstanding it will only come back verified.  Most disputes are processed electronically so it may get missed.  If you have no IMMEDIATE need to get them off NOW, give the CA some time to delete as promised.  You shouldn't dispute with the CRA's unless absolutely necessary.  If you see the CA updates next month as paid in full but doesn't delete, then dispute it. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 4
GB44
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I mailed in a PFD letter to my only collection, an unknown medical bill for $488.  They agreed to the delete, so I brought in cashiers check for full amount to thier office yesterday.  In turn they gave me a letter stating that bill was paid in full and that furthermore they were removing the item from all credit bureaus.  Should I wait for them to report to the credit bureaus or should I mail in the letter to the bueaus aswell??

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

I would wait 1-2 weeks for the collection company to submit paperwork to remove the negative tradeline. Most CA's state it can take up to 60 days for an item to be removed from a credit report, but it's often quicker. Disputing with the credit bureau can take about 30-45 days to resolve.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.