Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD approval over the phone

tag
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

PFD approval over the phone

I tried talking to a supervisor from a CA about doing a PFD and she said that she approved it but was unable to provide and email or anything as hard proof. She said I needed to ask for it after I paid. I immediately said no thanks. Am I right by sending a letter instead so that I can get documentation proving our agreement?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: PFD approval over the phone

Depends on which collection agency is promising. Name would help

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 10
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Sorry,it is Credit Management LP.

Message 3 of 10
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

IMO, you are right. However, I would be the first to share with you that I had 5 (2 CA) pfd success over the phone last week. I think each company is different. These were all medical collections. The first we received sent us an emailed receipt of the paid amount that we agreed. This is after she was so kind to explain their process of pfd. Now, I will say it was simply a receipt showing proof of payment. Then we had to sign something stating that we would not dispute the charges on our credit card, once that was received, they would submit the AUD to the credit bureaus for removal. It happened just as she described.

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 4 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@HailtotheVictors79 wrote:
Sorry,it is Credit Management LP.

Yes, they will delete after you ask for it on paper. I had an account with them, so go ahead and pay it, you're safe.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 10
eric19k
Established Contributor

Even you pay and they won't honor their word you can pursue them later

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@HailtotheVictors79 wrote:
I tried talking to a supervisor from a CA about doing a PFD and she said that she approved it but was unable to provide and email or anything as hard proof. She said I needed to ask for it after I paid. I immediately said no thanks. Am I right by sending a letter instead so that I can get documentation proving our agreement?

As stated you can go ahead and complete the payment, if they dont remove per their verbal agreement, the BBB would be engaged against them to get them to remember their word. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
A_Noob
Contributor

I was in the same situation as the OP. I went ahead and paid it and they held up their end of the agreement and deleted it. I suppose it is YMMV as with mostly everything else.

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Many of them won't put it in writing, it goes against the norm.  But I've seen tons of those that have verbals and have followed through.  I'd go for it, and congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Many of them won't put it in writing, it goes against the norm.  But I've seen tons of those that have verbals and have followed through.  I'd go for it, and congrats!

As would I. All mine over the phone said the same thing. They did remove after paid too. Good luck!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.