Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD suggestions or advice please 4 accounts with 2 CA

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

PFD suggestions or advice please 4 accounts with 2 CA

I currently have 2 accounts with one CA LVNV. The accounts are like 4-5 years old. The problem is they have updated their info and my scores took huge drop recently.I heard they are not supposed to do that, but do it anyways.  One account is reported as $4100 the original balance is $3000. The other is $760. Any suggestions on what I should offer on PFD letter? I am also wondering if I should just try to address one account at a time or do they have me in no win since I have 2 accounts listed with them? Requiring me to pay both without trying to do one at a time. I would love to offer something to try and get PFD. I don't have $5k lying around though.

I also have 2 accounts with Credit Protection Assoc. I have $ to pay both not sure if they will do PFD. They are both former Comcast accounts from like 4years ago. One is like $130 the other is roughly $150

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD suggestions or advice please 4 accounts with 2 CA

Sounds like you already know the deal.  Have you DV'd any of the accounts?  Mainly, you just want to make sure that these CAs still can collect on these accounts, and that they haven't moved on to some other CA.

Don't just cut and paste the example letter.  You want to tailor it to your specific information.  I would do the accounts separately at first.  But if they say no, or don't respond, then I might try to do one letter on both.  Do a quick search in the search box above on CPA, and see if anyone else has posted any experiences with CPA.

LVNV very often reports incorrectly, so make sure everything is correct.  It is true you don't have much leverage.  You can offer less if you want.  But they don't have to take it, or any offer.  So it's just a judgment call on your part.

Message 2 of 4
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Jesslyn,

Thanks for response. I sent several PFD letters out today got them certified mail will see what happens. I waited on LVNV for now. Both accounts they are reporting are more than the balance. One is over by 1k, the other is over by almost $180  I believe. I did taylor the letters to each situation and will see what happens.  I have DV all the accounts. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to send PFDs by CMRRR.  You won't ever have to prove that you sent that because they accept or reject your offer.  They don't really have any obligation to even respond to you.  So save the money.

As a sidenote, when you send something CMRRR, it makes it look really official, and they might get the wrong idea.  Basically you're asking them for a favor, so best to keep it as friendly as possible.

Don't worry about it, just fyi for next time.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.