cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive (Receivable Management) - PIF with OC

tag
FixItDany

Progressive (Receivable Management) - PIF with OC

I have a 2 year old account with a $209 balance on my CR from Progressive Insurance. I am in the process for purchasing a house so I was going to try to negotiate a PFD with Receivable, but, saw on another thread that I should try talking to the OC. Took the advice, talked to the OC and the CSR advised that I could pay with them and that Receivable would see that I've paid it with the OC. Paid with OC and immediately got a receipt to my email. I don't know how long it takes for Receivable to pull their info from my CR, so I'm just going to go ahead and dispute the accounts and have them removed. 

So if you owe Progressive Insurance and it has already gone to Receivable, DO NOT go to Recievable first. Call Progressive and pay them. Especially if you are already planning on PIF. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Progressive (Receivable Management) - PIF with OC

You needed to have them recall it as the collection would just likely update to paid without them recalling it. The recall is necessary as that removes the ability of the CA to report; per CRA rules they have to have collection authority in order to report.

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

You needed to have them recall it as the collection would just likely update to paid without them recalling it. The recall is necessary as that removes the ability of the CA to report; per CRA rules they have to have collection authority in order to report.

This. Your advice is good, except it's missing the crucial step of ensuring that Progressive recalls the debt from the collection agency first. Otherwise, yea you can pay Progressive directly,  but then all they would do is notify the CA that the account is paid and the CA just updates their TL, but won't remove it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FixItDany wrote:

I have a 2 year old account with a $209 balance on my CR from Progressive Insurance. I am in the process for purchasing a house so I was going to try to negotiate a PFD with Receivable, but, saw on another thread that I should try talking to the OC. Took the advice, talked to the OC and the CSR advised that I could pay with them and that Receivable would see that I've paid it with the OC. Paid with OC and immediately got a receipt to my email. I don't know how long it takes for Receivable to pull their info from my CR, so I'm just going to go ahead and dispute the accounts and have them removed. 

So if you owe Progressive Insurance and it has already gone to Receivable, DO NOT go to Recievable first. Call Progressive and pay them. Especially if you are already planning on PIF. 

👊🏻 Great news. Good for you! 💥

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.