Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MyFico vs. TC?

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Question about MyFico vs. TC?

I have both myfico and TC. I checked TC the other day, and it showed a medical collection, which I knew was there, reporting on EQ (which im guessing is why my EQ score is so low). The next day, I updated my report and it was gone- but it didn't show and 'changes' (nothing said "Hey! you're collection is gone!")... it was just not on the new report.

However, when I go to Myfico, it still shows that collection reporting to EQ and there has been no movement in my score.

The OC is removing the collection as it was reported in error. Does it just take time for TC and Myfico to catch up with eachother? Do you think it really was removed from TC? I would think that if something dissapeared off of my report, there would some kind of alert or something... what do you think?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about MyFico vs. TC?

Laurenlou wrote:
I have both myfico and TC. I checked TC the other day, and it showed a medical collection, which I knew was there, reporting on EQ (which im guessing is why my EQ score is so low). The next day, I updated my report and it was gone- but it didn't show and 'changes' (nothing said "Hey! you're collection is gone!")... it was just not on the new report.

IME they alert you to negative additions to your report. They do not alert on positives.

However, when I go to Myfico, it still shows that collection reporting to EQ and there has been no movement in my score.

EQ report on SW does not update. You can use your additional free Score Power Report or pay for a new report. But SW will send alerts on score changes if your settings are correct.

The OC is removing the collection as it was reported in error. Does it just take time for TC and Myfico to catch up with eachother? Do you think it really was removed from TC? I would think that if something dissapeared off of my report, there would some kind of alert or something... what do you think?

They can take awhile to update and generate alerts from SW, 7-10 days. The reports you get at TC and here when you purchase Score Power Reports are directly from CRA, which can be slow to update. TC only updates when you tell it to, 24 hours+. Score Powers never update, you must use 2nd free one or purchase.

Message 2 of 3
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about MyFico vs. TC?

Thanks for the clarification... makes sense! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.