cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Transferred Accts on CRs

tag
merlin

Question about Transferred Accts on CRs

An old mortgage acct appears three times on my CR. It was sold/transferred from one company to another while it was delinquent. (It was eventually foreclosed and included in BK.)

I've been pretty successful in getting my reports cleaned up, but feel like I'm getting hit 3x for the same acct. (And the one thing I haven't been able to successfully dispute is the mortgage companies.)

I talked to the CRA and they said that it was reporting correctly, since the delinquencies were at different times with different companies.

Is that right and I'm just screwed? Or is there something I can do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Transferred Accts on CRs

You have to look back over your records...do you mean you mortgage was sold...to three different mortgage companies???...and you defaulted on all three???....then he are reporting correctly...all you can do is....send them a GW letter..asking for removal of the lates...

Unfortunately....mortgage won't fall in the same boat as charge offs and collection...where only one OC..and one CA can report at the same time...if you actually had three different mortgage companies...and defaulted on all three...the are correct...
Message 2 of 4
merlin

It was in default when they transferred it.See - here are two. It's the same account, we kept falling behind, catching up, falling behind, and so forth. Extended unemployment. It just doesn't seem right to be penalized twice for the same account.

Status as of Feb, 2006
Date opened Nov, 1998
Date of last activity Feb, 2006
Date of last payment Jan, 2005
Date closed Not Reported
Account number XXXXXXXXX6600
Loan type Conventional Real Estate Loan, Including Purchase Money First
Credit limit Not Reported
Largest past balance Not Reported
Terms 360 Months
Account Type Installment
Account holder Individual
Scheduled payment amount Not Reported
Account status Account is Inactive
Balance Current Status Past Due Amount
Not Reported
Account transferred to another office
Not Reported
Seven year payment history 
30 days late0 times
60 days late0 times
90+ days late8 times (Jan 2006, Dec 2005, Nov 2005, Nov 2005, Sep 2005, Aug 2005, Jul 2005, Jun 2005)
Worst Delinquency 
180 days delinquent
Recent payment history  

Citi Residential Lendi
Status as of Apr, 2005
Date opened Nov, 1998
Date of last activity Apr, 2005
Date of last payment Not Reported
Date closed Not Reported
Account number XXXXXXXXX6600
Loan type Conventional Real Estate Loan, Including Purchase Money First
Credit limit Not Reported
Largest past balance Not Reported
Balance Current Status Past Due Amount
Not Reported
Account transferred to another office
Not Reported
Seven year payment history 
30 days late12 times (Aug 2004, Jul 2004, Jun 2004, Feb 2004, Dec 2003, Aug 2003, Apr 2003)
60 days late5 times (Feb 2005, Nov 2004, Sep 2004)
90+ days late7 times (Apr 2005, Mar 2005, Jan 2005, Dec 2004, Nov 2004, Nov 2003)
Message 3 of 4
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I personally would contact the 1st bank and mention that since they no longer hold interest in the loan to please remove it from your credit report or at least remove the negative remarks.

The same thing happend to DH when Citi bought out PRM I went after PRM and they removed their TL all together.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.