Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re OC and Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re OC and Collections

Hi There,

Thanks for always being so helpful to those of us that are newbies.

My question for today...I had a Walmart card and a Barclay card that were both charged off due to divorce issues. 

Portfolio had the Walmart and they have updated their TL as paid but the Walmart TL shows Charged Off / Purchased by another lender

Midland had the Barclay and they have now removed their TL from 2 of the 3 bureaus but the Barclay TL still shows charged off

What are my options here? Can I get the OC ones removed or updated to show paid? What is the standard course of action on those?

Thanks in advance for your help.

HFM

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question re OC and Collections

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi There,

Thanks for always being so helpful to those of us that are newbies.

My question for today...I had a Walmart card and a Barclay card that were both charged off due to divorce issues. 

Portfolio had the Walmart and they have updated their TL as paid but the Walmart TL shows Charged Off / Purchased by another lender

Midland had the Barclay and they have now removed their TL from 2 of the 3 bureaus but the Barclay TL still shows charged off

What are my options here? Can I get the OC ones removed or updated to show paid? What is the standard course of action on those?

Thanks in advance for your help.

HFM

You need to write the OC a GW letter asking for removal of the TL if thats what you are after but they took a large loss when they sold the account so they may not be in a mood to grant such GW. The OC doesnt have to update to show paid since they sold it they would be reporting correctly by stating such.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.