cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Timeline Progress

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding Timeline Progress

Just wanted to post the progress I've had since I started the overhaul on my credit. With the help from these forums I've made tremendous progress and wanted to thank everyone's input. I paid each collection between 1/4/19-1/7/19 totaling almost $12,000. Also sent goodwill letters to a few for late payments. I'm more than happy to be specific about any of the accounts if anyone wants me to break it down for them. Here are the comparisons:

As of 12/20/18:

Experian: 1 open installment acount, 1 total open account, 11 accounts ever late and 7 collection accounts; score of 510

Equifax: 1 open installment account, 1 total open account, 10 accounts ever late and 7 collection accounts; score of 505

Transunion: 1 open installment account, 1 total open account, 13 accounts ever late and 7 collection accounts; score of 513

As of 2/17/19

Experian: 1 open installment account, 1 total open account, 4 accounts ever late (-7) and 0 collection accounts (-7); score of 588

Equifax: 1 open installment account, 1 total open account, 4 accounts ever late (-6) and 0 collection accounts (-7); score of 587

Transunion: 1 open installment account, 1 total open account, 4 accounts ever late (-8) and 0 collection accounts (-7); score of 592

My collections were a mix between Midland Funding, LLC., Portfolio Recover Services, Cavalry Portfolio Services, Resurgent and Jefferson. Luckily these all happened to be PFD accounts. 

With my previous scores I was unable to get a car loan or qualify for a credit card. Last Thursday I did the Capital One prequal for credit cards and it said I was prequalified for the Capital One Platinum card UNSECURED! The APR was a solid number, not a range, so I pulled the trigger and was approved with a $500 limit. I'm expecting a little jump in my scores with the opening of this account just from reading the information in these forums. I was also approved to refinance my Jeep into my name (wife is co-signer on loan from 8/17)  through Capital One but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I was approved with a 7.97% rate but I'm gonna wait a few months and try again for a lower rate. Like I said, just wanted to give a bit of a timeline on my progress and if anyone has any questions about any of this feel free to reach out to me. THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
New Member ybr

Re: Rebuilding Timeline Progress

If I understand you correctly, your saying that Midland Funding and Portfolio Recovery both agreed to PFD terms?

Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't exactly call it them agreeing. It states in their websites they stop reporting and delete after PFD
MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN

Message 3 of 4
Regular Contributor

Congrats mmjer.  Your trend is upward.  I too came from the depressing low 500s.  Once I decided to take ahold of my credit in a year I was in the upper 500s and low 600s.  Persistence and reading this forum DAILY, in 2 years I kiss the 600s good-bye and was entrenched in the 700s.  Keep grinding.  Your scores may take a dip with new accounts open but within a few months they shoot above where they started.   Congrats again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.