Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Dunning letter but nothing on reports? Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received Dunning letter but nothing on reports? Advice needed

I just returned from out of town and received a letter from MiraMed RG dated August 7 claiming I owe $105 from a visit to Northwestern Hospital in January.  I paid my bill on Northwestern's medical portal in June. I believe that this $105 was from a different doctor that I assumed to be included in the statement that I paid in June.  It was an oversight on my part but I dont know why one doctor was included on statement but not another.  Anyway, I paid it immediately via MiraMed's site.  I have very good credit (720+) with ZERO negative marks on there.  You can imagine my panic when I opened the letter.  I monitor my score regularily and have not seen anything related to this.  I ran TU, EQ, EX tonight and they all came up clean.  6mo from the doctor's visit is ~July 5, this letter is dated Aug 7.   Is it possible that MiraMed didnt and wont report this?  Shouldnt this have already been reported?  Thanks for the help!  I'm still really stressed about this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice letter I just received

Not all CA's report to the CRA's. It is hard to say but if it isn't on your reports yet and you paid there is a good chance it won't show up. But legally they can report it so like I said its hard to say. I haven't heard of them before so maybe someone who has dealt with them can offer more assistance.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ssondubs.  anyone from the morning crew have any input?  i am planning on calling them today.  is that a good idea given that it is now paid and not on my credit reports?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssondubs wrote:
Not all CA's report to the CRA's. It is hard to say but if it isn't on your reports yet and you paid there is a good chance it won't show up. But legally they can report it so like I said its hard to say. I haven't heard of them before so maybe someone who has dealt with them can offer more assistance.

any opinion on whether i should call them now that i paid in full?  or should i just let it be given that it isnt on any of my reports.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bumping this to the top

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They got their money.  It costs money to report.  Most likey, it's a done deal.  Just keep an eye on your CRs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.