cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repossession not showing on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repossession not showing on credit report?

I'm a little worried now... I had my car repossessed a few years ago and I owe a deficiency that I planned on paying in full within the next few months. It's not showing on my credit report (Credit Karma App) anymore. Is there a reason for this? It wasn't due to fall off until 2019. Anyone else face anything similar?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Repossession not showing on credit report?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm a little worried now... I had my car repossessed a few years ago and I owe a deficiency that I planned on paying in full within the next few months. It's not showing on my credit report (Credit Karma App) anymore. Is there a reason for this? It wasn't due to fall off until 2019. Anyone else face anything similar?

Thanks.

Did they get a judgement against you? If so - or you don't know - check your public records. They don't always show up on your credit report.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll go check that out. it wasn't showing up on Credit Karma, but on my Cap 1 app it is still there, and listed as closed. The balance still shows up of what I owe and says updated in 2013. Does that mean Toyota still owns the debt if it's still showing the amount?

What would be my best course of action? I was going to contact them to start a payment plan.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing showing up are 3 separate traffic citations for like the last 7 years, *knock on wood.*
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.