Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL Question/ ASSETCARE NOTICE

tag
williasn
Established Member

SOL Question/ ASSETCARE NOTICE

i just received a letter from ASSESTCARE in regards to a NCO collection account. in the letter it says that they are a servicer for NCO. this is in regards to a MBNA credit card which eventually became a bank of amer card (according to BofA they acquired an allege mbna account of mine). anyways the letter is trying to collect a debt i supposedly owe. in the letter they want me to either pay or dispute if not mine. in my state the statute of limitations is 6 years for written contracts and 4 years for open accounts (which i believe from my research that credit cards are considered open accounts.

on my credit report (TU to be exact) it shows that the BOFA card is listed as "payment after charge off/collection/ date paid 2/2003/ date closed 10/2003". now i did not pay this. i actually disputed this as not mine but it came back verified (MOV'n now).

i believe the statute of limitations is up on this debt, am i correct? and also how should i approach ASSESTCARE (the "SERVICER" for NCO)? should i DV them? HELP Smiley Happy

Message Edited by williasn on 04-29-2008 06:15 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL Question/ ASSETCARE NOTICE

williasn wrote:
i just received a letter from ASSESTCARE in regards to a NCO collection account. in the letter it says that they are a servicer for NCO. this is in regards to a MBNA credit card which eventually became a bank of amer card (according to BofA they acquired an allege mbna account of mine). anyways the letter is trying to collect a debt i supposedly owe. in the letter they want me to either pay or dispute if not mine. in my state the statute of limitations is 6 years for written contracts and 4 years for open accounts (which i believe from my research that credit cards are considered open accounts.

on my credit report (TU to be exact) it shows that the BOFA card is listed as "payment after charge off/collection/ date paid 2/2003/ date closed 10/2003". now i did not pay this. i actually disputed this as not mine but it came back verified (MOV'n now).

i believe the statute of limitations is up on this debt, am i correct? and also how should i approach ASSESTCARE (the "SERVICER" for NCO)? should i DV them? HELP Smiley Happy

Message Edited by williasn on 04-29-2008 06:15 PM

Yes the SOL is past!!!    DV NCO and Assetcare!!  CMRRR   (NCO is a CA also)

Because BOFA is reporting and they are the OC    dispute as *not mine*    IF it comes back verified.....Then you send them (OC)  the OC letter  CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-29-2008 10:23 PM
Message 2 of 3
williasn
Established Member

Re: SOL Question/ ASSETCARE NOTICE

thank u
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.