Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap-On credit...totally messed up, VENT! ha

tag
krisg88
New Contributor

Snap-On credit...totally messed up, VENT! ha

Ok so a little background info, i have a Snap On loan that was closed in 2008. paid off in full. Snap on is a tool company, total loan was for 4100. so it was opened in 2005.. closed in 2008, and it was reporting one 30 day late in 3/08. so i wrote to the CEO of snap on asking to remove the 30 day late or remove the whole trade line. Got a call the next day from a guy who said he was the head of the northeast credit department, went over my whole loan, said i was actually more than 30 days late a few times but they only ever reported one. i said thanks for that! he said there was nothing else he could do, that they were currently reporting it closed and paid in full and thats all they could do. I said fine, thanks and that was that.

fast forward two weeks to today, i am a daily puller since im rebuilding, and i noticed changes on the the tradeline. On transunion and experian, they are now reporting chargeed off/sent to collections, and both have comments on how i disputed that and they were verified but i disagree. equifax still reports correctly as paid in full and closed, no bad remarks, although they may just not have updated yet, maybe there behind or something.

Should i call this guy back? Should i dispute with CRA? uggg im guessing ill call the guy tomorrow, i saved his contact # of course, just venting i guess. how does something like that even get messed up. when i talk to this guy should i push for deletion of the tradeline now that there compleatly messed up, or just to get it back to how it was?? thoughts??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Snap-On credit...totally messed up, VENT! ha

I'd fight it if it weren't reporting accurately. I would not dispute, but I would target that person again.

ETA...I'd also ready proof of payment showing it never was a CO and ask for statements too.

Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd fight it if it weren't reporting accurately. I would not dispute, but I would target that person again.

ETA...I'd also ready proof of payment showing it never was a CO and ask for statements too.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is nothing necessarily contradictory in reporting a charge-off or collection referral on an account that is paid and closed.

If they did the charge-off or collection referral while the debt was still unpaid, that is their perogative.  It is additionally their perogative to report those actions at the time they occured, or to report them at a later date.  It is the occurence of the adverse item that is the issue as to its accuracy, not the date it was reported.

Thus, I dont see the reporting date itself as answering the question of accuracy of a prior charge-off or collection referral.  I dont think alone will serve as basis for a dispute.

Did they actually do a legitimate charge-off or collection referral prior to satisfaction of the debt?  They reported that they did.  What is the evidence that they didnt?

I dont think reporting date is evidence to dispute the accuracy of their reporting.

Message 4 of 11
krisg88
New Contributor

it was never charged off. never sent to collections. was paid off in full and was reporting that way for the past 3-4 years. i suppose my evidence of this wouuld be copies off my credit reports that i have that from the last 2 years or soo...

Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@krisg88 wrote:

it was never charged off. never sent to collections. was paid off in full and was reporting that way for the past 3-4 years. i suppose my evidence of this wouuld be copies off my credit reports that i have that from the last 2 years or soo...

I would also pull up prior statements and proof of payment if they say otherwise.

Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am not sure how your prior CRs will provide evidence of whether they did a charge-off.

It would only evidence that they had not previously reported one.

Message 7 of 11
krisg88
New Contributor

i mean ya your right, it only does show there werent reporting it then. But the loan never defaulted, never went to CA or charged off, so idk how they could/why they would report this.  i know they know this from what he said to me, so its just weird that it started reporting that after i talked to him, i feel as if hes doing it just to mess with me!! ha ha    ....but the CR is the only paper trial i have right now.   Im sure there is a paper trail somewhere if i dug hard enough and made some calls. Most of the payments were done in cash through my snap on rep but i know snap on has a recored of my loan and what/when i paid perfectly cause he was reading me off dates and payment amounts that were 4 years go. Hopefully this will get starightened out tomorrow when i talk to this guy. its only been 10 days since i talked to him so im sure he will remember me and our conversation. If not and he gives me a hard time  ill email the CEO again and start ranting then see whats gets done. i called him today but obviously he was off, i left him a voice mail, ill give him till about 3 to call me back then ill start calling him again. ill update tomorrow.

Message 8 of 11
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

+1

+1

Message 9 of 11
notyou
Valued Member

RobertEG-

Wouldn't it be a violation of the FCRA either way. Aren't they obligated to report CORRECT information? Either he was a CO and they reported him otherwise or he was not a CO and they reported him as such?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.