cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint and Convergent Outsourcing Success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sprint and Convergent Outsourcing Success?

Hello all! I finally decided to become a member of the forum instead of stalking it, lol. So here's my situation:

I had a bill with Sprint from 2014 for early term. fees of $195. The bill bounced around to several collection agencies in the two years following. I've become really serious about getting my credit together and decided that it was time to pay the debt so that it wouldn't get sold to another CA every 6 months thus lowering my credit score. Convergent Outsourcing was the most recent CA to report on this debt. I took the forums advice and sent a DV letter which they verified, I then proceeded to send a PIF/PFD letter on 8/30; today is 10/6 and still no response. I decided to call Sprint today...

Talked to a rep at Sprint and they still had the debt on file so I guess they just assigned the debt to Convergent to collect on. I asked if I paid them directly would they recall the debt from Convergent. She informed me that the account would be cleared in 30-60 days after payment was made. I asked several other questions about the clearing of this debt from my reports (just to have all questions&answers on record) and took down her name and ID number. Needless to say, I paid over the phone.

My question is, has anyone seen a collection removed from their credit reports after paying the OC directly? Did I cover my behind enough incase Convergent still tries to come after me? Sprint wouldn't agree to send anything in writing to me but I took notes of the convo and have the receipt. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sprint and Convergent Outsourcing Success?

The account would be cleared most likely means paid. The CA has collection authority and will also reflect paid. But the CA is not obligated to remove themselves from your reports.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man Smiley Sad that's not what I was hoping to hear. Is there anyway to get them to remove it all the way?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW campaign.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Let me start looking for templates Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.