cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint sent account to collections, Convergent Outsourcing.

tag
povertybro
Contributor

Sprint sent account to collections, Convergent Outsourcing.

I owe 1,700. After calling they immediately brought it down to 1,000 but they said they will not pay to delete. General statment of, "according to sprints policy we cannot delete it. But we can send a letter out showing settled. "

I'm going to keep trying but need some insight or anyone with experience that has had success with a PFD. 

I was so close to a derogatory free report. Was just about to apply for an apartment and bam, get hit with a collection the same amount of the ones I just paid off.  :'(

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
House2021
Established Contributor

Re: Sprint sent account to collections, Convergent Outsourcing.

I had a Spring sent to ERC. If you contact Sprint direct they should collect payment which would force them to pull the collection thus deleting the collection. 

Message 2 of 8
povertybro
Contributor

thanks, just paid it. geez that hurt but the future right?

Message 3 of 8
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

@povertybro wrote:

thanks, just paid it. geez that hurt but the future right?

Make sure they're going to recall the debt. If they don't, the collection agency may just update it to paid/$0 balance and it will remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the DOFD.

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
House2021
Established Contributor

If that happens then show proof your payment was to Sorint direct and it would be deleted 

Message 5 of 8
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

@House2021 wrote:

If that happens then show proof your payment was to Sorint direct and it would be deleted 

Wait. I have the same collections from sprint thru convergent outsourcing on my credit report. So i tried a lot and they wont do PFD, should i just pay to sprint and they would just have to delete the collections from my report ? How does that work ?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this thread is a few months old but I thought I'd share my experience. I have an old Sprint account that went into collections via Convergent Outsourcing. I called Sprint to get the debt recalled-the lady was super nice and told me that if I paid sprint I would have to pay the entire balance ($1083) and that the account was with Convnetgent Outsourcing. She said to give them a call and try to settle for less with them. I was stunned. I told her I want the account removed and she said Sprint would REMOVE the account after paying CO. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. I called CO and attempted a PFD (just in case Sprint CSR was full of hot air). No luck. I was able to settle account for $500, which is a victory as the original amount was $1083. I called sprint back and spoke with a gentleman this time. He confirmed that after paying CO, Sprint would delete the account from my CRs. Just wanted to share. My payment to CO is on the 15th of this month. I will keep you posted on how/if it gets reported this month and going forward. Note: I recorded both Sprint phone conversations.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just updating my progress with Convergent. I ended up paying the entire balance through sprint in order to get account removed. Convergent was adamant about not removing but Sprint was fast acting and informed them to remove the account. I just got an email from Convergent with a letter attached stating that they've requested all deletion of this trade line from all

bureaus (they were only reporting to two).

which I'm still thrilled about-fact is had I paid my bill on time and not defaulted I wouldn't be trying to clear it up haha so it all worked out. I'm just thankful to knock another baddie off my reports!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.