Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 8.56.04 PM.png

After rebuilding starting in September of 2015, cleaning up what could be removed, subscribing to MyFICO alerts, paying things down judiciously, following tips found here in the forums, gardening, breaking from gardening for app sprees, then gardening and cultivating CLIs, etc., here's where I sit.  It's the first time in years that all three scores have been over 700.  Just got approved for a new home loan in the $700K range at a 4.75% rate.  My mortgage scores are nowhere near 700, I wonder if I could have even done better than that if they were.
I went from about $5K in available credit to about $85K, just about evenly split between bankcards and useful retail.  A year ago I picked up a BofA card and felt insulted that they only gave me $500.  Today I researched them, found out they no longer do hard pulls for CLIs, pressed the button and bumped it up to $3700.  Poof, just like that.  I won't use it, but it helps.  Just wanted to pop in and remind those who are still struggling that it's totally attainable.  Pay things down and don't pay anything late, and it'll happen..  Here's a chart of my score progress since I started.  The downswing was a temporary high-utilization period after a well-deserved vacation.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.13.07 PM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success!

Congrats. 🥓🎊🎉🍾🎈🥓.  Any rate under 5 is a success. Enjoy your new home. 

Message 2 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats awesome. I know the feeling. Wait till they turn green! Just about the same timeframe. Took me 2 yrs to hit the 700 club. Nowhere to go but up now.

Message 4 of 11
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

im curious, did you make that graph or did you get it from somewhere? Tubby likes.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Your story is inspiring. Hope to keep my scores trending up toward 700s across the board. I'm thinking after my statements cut this month my TU may get there Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tubbynerd wrote:

im curious, did you make that graph or did you get it from somewhere? Tubby likes.

I wrote a webapp using PHP and MySQL, where I input all the MyFICO updates as they come in and then graph them.  I'd share it but it's nowhere near ready for prime time.  I make it a policy not to share embarrassing code. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just started my journey. Hoping to get into the 700s soon.

Message 8 of 11
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Hooray!  Great job and thank you for sharing, cheers!!!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait to get to the 700 club...  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.