cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU request removal SUCCESSFUL

tag
ruxinreigns

Re: TU request removal SUCCESSFUL

Tdouglas you give me hope! I asked TU for two CO deletions, 4/14 and 5/14 fall offs and a CA due to fall off 5/14 associated with one of the COs I requested deletion of.
Message 51 of 65
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@IDontNeedThat wrote:

For some reason neither my husband nor I could file an online dispute with TU so we each mailed them a letter on 3/10/14 asking for early removal of a CO set to fall off in May.  We both got a DELETED letter today!!  Smiley Happy Experian has the removal date listed as July for the same CO.  We both filed online disputes asking them for early removal and were both denied.   Smiley Sad  

It seems like to me in order of ease of early deletion its TU, EX, EQ in that order. EX did an suprise removal for me early i dont know why it was quite weird i am not going to complain:-). I sent an online request to EQ few days ago haven't heard so may give them an call and see what happens. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 52 of 65
tld1104
Contributor

I'm getting nowhere with Experian...I have a CO due to fall off next month and they still won't give me an early deletion.  They are stubborn to say the least. 

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 65
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@tld1104 wrote:

I'm getting nowhere with Experian...I have a CO due to fall off next month and they still won't give me an early deletion.  They are stubborn to say the least. 

I think with CRA its an major YMMV. Experian was actually the first to auto early delete, then I went to TU and EQ to try and get early deletion. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 54 of 65
tld1104
Contributor

Well...it certainly does vary.  I just tried again with Experian and spoke with a super nice lady.  I very very nicely asked for early deletion of the CO that is due to fall off 5/2014. She put me on hold for quite a while and I'm thinking this can't be good.  She came back and told me that she was deleting it and asked for my email address to send confirmation.  This account was unpaid and reporting $1215.  I hope it helps my score.  Never give up!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 65
tld1104
Contributor

Received the confirmation of deletion email from EX and then checked my score...I got a 6 point increase.  Not much but I'll take it!  Slow and steady wins the race. 

Message 56 of 65
Sublime_sonrisa
Established Member

Tried this online method and got CO removed early. Great thread since I was getting nowhere on the phone with TU. Thanks!

Starting Score: 570's
Current Score: TU 726, EQ 670, EX 687
Goal Score: 700

Message 57 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still unable to see what you guys see. Can someone help me navigate to the section you are referring to? Please help!

Message 58 of 65
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still unable to see what you guys see. Can someone help me navigate to the section you are referring to? Please help!

This thread is on the early exclusion of derog accounts from ones credit file, there is no law you will find on it. The rule of thumb for asking the CRAs for it is 6 months in advance of scheduled drop off date with TU and 2-3 months in advance with EX/EQ. You ask for it by calling or writing to the CRA. Its basically a goodwill jesture from the CRA if they grant it.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, cool thanks a lot. I was starting to worry that I missed out. I have one due to come off in 4 months. I will co tact them Monday👍👍👍👍👍!

Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.