cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts in collections and need help please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two accounts in collections and need help please!

Hi I ran my credit report for all three agencies and saw I have two accounts in collections. Only one account is showing on two reports and two accounts is showing on third report. The two debts I have in collections is Chase Best Buy credit card and Dell card. The Chase balance is 1,326.28 and the Dell balance is 1,817.65. I have tried calling OC to see if they will pull back my debt so I can pay in full with no luck. They claim they can't do it because it has been charged off. The Chase account is handled by LTD Financial Services and the Dell account is handled by SRA Associates which both don't own my debt and is only serve as agents on behalf of... Which I don't understand. I have the money to pay both off in full with a cashiers check but refuse to do so unless they remove negative history off my report or delete it all. The debt is fairly new which is less then one year old and have not sent a DV yet. I was wondering how to go about this since I am not having any luck with them to resolve this issue. Any advice would help...Thank you

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two accounts in collections and need help please!

Dont take the first no, as a final answer, PFD are usually only successful after several attempts. Try looking up both CA's in search field above, usually you can find different types of contact info try all of them (not at the same time, lol) I would try calling back a few more times, talk to a different agent, maybe speak to a supervisor. I did that with CPA, they said no over and over finally I spoke to a supervisor and he agreed and sent me and email that same day and I paid now I am waiting for deletion to show up on my reports. HTH!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have talked to both CA's supervisors and both was very rude...I mean RUDE!! The assistant supervisor from SRA called me and he was nice but no luck so far... I am at the point I would hire a lawyer for this mess but can't even find one who would call me back!! But I will use search if forums on these two collection agencies. Thank you for the tips

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is really no debt for them to "pull back," since they still own it.  Perhaps you meant terminate their referral to the debt collector? 

Legally, as long as they own the debt, the OC can still accept payment from you.  However, many agreements between a credtior and their debt collection agent stipulate that, as long as the collection authority is in effect, all payments must be made through the debt collector.  It is common for credtiors to agree to such stipulations, as they usually hire a debt collector to be free of the hassle.  So it may not be possible under their collection agreement for the creditor to accept your payment.

Their statement that they cant accept payment because it was charged-off is just an excuse.  Having charged-off the debt does not prevent them from continuing to pursue collection of the entire amount.

Since the debt is apparently still within SOL, they still have the option of attempting to collect the entire amount without having to agree to any CR deletion.  CR deletion based on payment of a debt is contrary to their reporting agreements with the CRAs, so they may wish simply to abide by their credit reporting agreement.

Since the OC has already "verified" to you that they own the debt, I would expect the response to any DV sent to the debt collector to be pro-forma.

Pushing for PFD acceptance when they still hold the upper-hand can be tough.  No magic procedures.....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I can still make check payable to Dell and Chase. The OC's only said if I want paper trail then I have to go thru the CA's to get that info. I am not worried about the SOL since I have the money to pay it but know it's a high balance due to late fee's. So should I just go ahead and send a DV? One other thing is SRA never had my address or name correct. I am the one who called them since I saw it on my credit report that debt was in collections. I refuse to pay the CA's since they don't own the debt. What other options do I have?? Also I need to add both OC's said they will list it as paid in full but I know that still doesn't help my credit.

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the only reason for refusing to pay through the debt collector is because they "dont own the debt," then I dont understand the issue.

They are the agent of the OC, designated as their resonsible party for handling collection on the debt.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to do...all I want is the negative history removed in writing before I send check to pay off debt because even if I pay off debt without negative history being removed. My credit score doesn't change for a very long time... I have had personal experience paying off debts long time ago and saw it doesn't help score one bit...

Message 7 of 10
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Is the OC and the CA both reporting this account?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question...brb to check credit reports again and see but doubt it since both CA's said they cant report it since they don't own the debt and are serve as agents on behalf of xxxx. My bank said that's a lie and they can report it and/or make changes.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to do...all I want is the negative history removed in writing before I send check to pay off debt because even if I pay off debt without negative history being removed. My credit score doesn't change for a very long time... I have had personal experience paying off debts long time ago and saw it doesn't help score one bit...

They don't have to delete anything upon receipt of payment (CA or OC).  Chase is amazing when it comes to GW requests.  Best bet on that one is to pay the CA then GW Chase for removal.  I don't know about Dell though.  If neither agree to a PFD then you'll have to decide if you're going to pay it or not.  If left unpaid though, it' still going to sit on your reports for a very long time and has more chances of being sold to CA after CA and each one can pop up on your reports.  I also didn't see any dates in your post, can they still sue for these debts? 

ETA:  I see now where you said they are fairly new, so sounds like they are within SOL still. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.