Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on my progress!

tag
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Update on my progress!

So today, I have paid off my credit cards down to about 8% utilization. Before I was at about 76%. I am hoping I see a decent bump in score. Won't know until the end of the month because that is when they generally report. At 76% I was 7 points shy of the mid score I needed for my mortgage.

On another note, I spoke to Suncoast Schools who is the OC of a 6 year old Reposession of mine. They agreed that they have mistakenly been reporting me late monthly even though it was charged off and closed. My letter for my mortgage lender is on its way and they said it states that 4 YEARS of late payments are being removed "from the date when they charged off and closed" the account in 2008. My lender said this is exactly what I needed to be on the mortgage!

All in all, I just want to thank each and everyone of you guys on here that have helped me through my credit repair journery. I started in the low 500's with almost 20 negatives on each report. I am glad to say I am down to the reposession debt, and one PAID Midland debt on each report that they are refusing to remove for me. I couldn't have done this without you guys, and thanks to these forums I got my first new car (2013 Hyundai Veloster), have 3 credit cards, over a year of solid payments, and well on my way to being a first time home buyer. Once again I thank all of you guys for the input you have given me, and the ears I needed to vent to when things were not going my way.

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Update on my progress!

Awesome work on your progress

Message 2 of 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice. Congrats on your hard work paying off. I had about 80% util and paid it down to 29% and had a jump of nearly 50 points. But of course alot of variables make it YMMV.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 4
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Awesome Congrats Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.