Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valley Credit Svcs

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Valley Credit Svcs

I have a collection on my credit dating back to 12/2009 in the amount of $9709 for an old apartment. I disagree with the total numbers (due to management switching hands every other month). I had a verbal contract with one group of leading consultants, but when it was time to move out ... It was no longer valid. It is set to come off my credit 2/2016. It was erased from the court records last month. 

My question is, can I send a DV to the agency (in hopes of getting it deleted), or a PFD in exchange for a deletion?

thanks!

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Valley Credit Svcs

You only have 20 days from date of their initial collection (dunning) notice in which to send a timely DV.

Assuming they sent dunning notice back when, a DV would no longer be timely, and could simply be ignored.

You can always offer a PFD.

As a side issue, what are the court records referred to in the post?

Message 2 of 3
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Re: Valley Credit Svcs

Thanks for the reply. This resulted in a eviction being filed against me (even though I moved out of the apartment 6 months prior). The courts deleted the files last month from their records. I thought I could request a validation (itemized statement) showing me how they got to that number. The apartment was left in move in ready condition (as the verbal agreement with the prior leasing agents). They waiting six months filed documents in court and was granted a eviction. (But I was already out??!)

I am trying to get the account in good standing if not deleted. Any advice is appreciated and wanted. 

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.