Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wakefield Collections Agency- Unscrupulous collection practices

tag
Misses_November
Contributor

Wakefield Collections Agency- Unscrupulous collection practices

So I had a debt with Ameripro EMS (ambulance company).  I settled the debt directly with Ameripro June 9, 2023.  I started receiving collection notices from Wakefield and Assoc shortly after.  The creditor was listed as "Sapientes Funding LLC"- which I have never done business with.  The remaining balance is $188.70.  Even though this was settled with Ameripro, Wakefield has reported this to my credit report with the creditor of "Sapientes"- which is not a medical company.  They know that it is a medical debt and shouldn't be posted due to the amount being less than $500.  I am going to report them to FTC.  (I also reached out to orig creditor to get it pulled from the collection agency).

Any other advice on this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
7774x
Established Contributor

Re: Wakefield Collections Agency- Unscrupulous collection practices

@Misses_November wrote:

So I had a debt with Ameripro EMS (ambulance company).  I settled the debt directly with Ameripro June 9, 2023.  I started receiving collection notices from Wakefield and Assoc shortly after.  The creditor was listed as "Sapientes Funding LLC"- which I have never done business with.  The remaining balance is $188.70.  Even though this was settled with Ameripro, Wakefield has reported this to my credit report with the creditor of "Sapientes"- which is not a medical company.  They know that it is a medical debt and shouldn't be posted due to the amount being less than $500.  I am going to report them to FTC.  (I also reached out to orig creditor to get it pulled from the collection agency).

In the medical billing area ..there are crooks who want to collect the difference of  orginal bill and settled amount, after hospital , medical  providers etc.. have already settled for less  & Got payed....If on credit report .. dispute  it showing bill has been paid to medical provider,  with no further amount due

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wakefield Collections Agency- Unscrupulous collection practices

@Misses_November wrote:

File a complaint on the CFPB website. Call AMERPRO ans ask them to call the CA and get it recalled. I worked for them once PT. Mgt wasnt the greatest.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.