cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Creditors are likely to grant Goodwill?

tag
coolandcalm
Contributor

What Creditors are likely to grant Goodwill?

About to start a Goodwill Letter campaign..

Which creditors have a history of goodwill success?

Amex, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo?

I saw some other topics where some stated that companies have gotten tighter with granting goodwill in the last couple years..  pressure from the regulators to follow the "correctly report information" rules

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What Creditors are likely to grant Goodwill?

Depends who it is. And how old the debt is. The ones listed arent known to do so.

Message 2 of 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@coolandcalm wrote:

About to start a Goodwill Letter campaign..

Which creditors have a history of goodwill success?

Amex, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo?

I saw some other topics where some stated that companies have gotten tighter with granting goodwill in the last couple years..  pressure from the regulators to follow the "correctly report information" rules

Color me skeptical when it comes to the idea that regulators are pressuring anyone on this practice. The notion of "correctly report information" could conjur up comparisons to the age old debate of which came first, the chicken, or the egg?

While the information lenders report is required to be accurate, there's no law that says a lender can't grant a GW deletion. In fact, there's also no law that states they have to even report an account at all. 

These non-existent laws allows lenders to grant GW deletions at their discretion, in accordance to whatever their own internal policies dictate.

Message 3 of 5
MissLiz
Established Contributor

I had success with Capital One recently. I emailed the EO and was called back a few days later. The account was five years old and I am currently a CapOne customer with three cc's and a HYSA, all with perfect history. 

I sent one GW to AMEX and never got a response, and never pushed it further. 
Best of luck to you!

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 4 of 5
tcolesz12
Contributor

@MissLiz wrote:

I had success with Capital One recently. I emailed the EO and was called back a few days later. The account was five years old and I am currently a CapOne customer with three cc's and a HYSA, all with perfect history. 

I sent one GW to AMEX and never got a response, and never pushed it further. 
Best of luck to you!

AMEX and cap one where hard for me to crack. Cap one took the longest for me to crack. Discover, PayPal/amazon synchrony bank was the easiest for me. It took a LONG time to crack AMEX don't give up hope!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.