cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my next step? (HIPAA Question) Please help!

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

What's my next step? (HIPAA Question) Please help!

Good morning all,

So I've been trying to get the only remaining collection (paid) on all 3 CR's removed with no luck over the past 5 years. It's not scheduled to fall off for another 2 years, but has been PIF to the CA since 2007. Last week I sent my first HIPAA letter to the CA, and they sent me back a real basic letter listing the OC (who is no longer in business...the dr retired) and showing I have a $0 balance. That's it.

Where do I go from here? If someone could pm me what letter I should send next, I'd appreciate it. The website I've been using to guide me through the process is a little confusing as to which letter to send now, especially since it's the CA I'm dealing with and not the OC. Again, the OC is no longer in business so not sure what I'm supposed to do now.

Any help from anyone who has had any success with this or knows the process is greatly appreciated! TIA!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: What's my next step? (HIPAA Question) Please help!

I don't think the HIPPA process will work for you in this case, since I believe you are supposed to have paid the OC in that scenario.  As pointed out by llecs, it's been less and less effective anyway.

If GW isn't working, maybe BBB?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.