Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When CA doesn't counter my offer

tag
Hersheykiss
Valued Member

When CA doesn't counter my offer

I offered CA a serious lowball offer of 20% on a $10K judgement.  If they don't counter, I'd like to offer more without seeming desperate.  They offered us 50% in January, but I don't have the funds without having to ask a family member for help.  Thing is I don't want to come across desperate but I am.  HA!  We want to start applying for mortgages real soon and if we have to we would be willing to borrow $$ to pay them their 50%.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
PresidentPatton
Contributor

Re: When CA doesn't counter my offer

I can't really say what you should do in your situation but just know that your not alone! I sent a PFD offer to Midland at the beginning of this month for about 25% of the total debt and haven't heard back from them. Hoping to tallest get a counter offer but nothing yet...I'll let you know if I do ever hear from them. They sent me a 40 % offer this past summer so I don't think I'm to far off with mine, we will see!

I actually posted a message on here yesterday asking how long I should wait before sending in another offer at a greater amount and everyone seems to think I should wait. I think I might call them at the 30 day mark, kind of scary cause I've never talked to them before!

PresP
2/6/15: Credit Karma: 626
4/23/13: TU 615, EX 600, EQ 581
1/16/13: TU 585, EX 525, EQ 514
Goal: Purchase Second Home ASAP

Cards: Cap1 Secured - $300; Authorized User on Chase Card: $5500.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: When CA doesn't counter my offer

If they have a judgment, then they have an ace in the hole that will permit them to pursue demand for full satisfaction of the judgment.

They may, for example, go back to the judgment court and motion for a garnishment of wages based on your non-satisfaction of the court judgment.

With 10K at stake, they may decide to go for the full monty.  I would offer them the most that you can afford.... perhaps an installment plan?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.