cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a CA account is not deleted from all CRA using a GW, what to do?

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

When a CA account is not deleted from all CRA using a GW, what to do?

I was wondering what might be the best approach for this.  I sent out a few GW letters to a CA about a month ago, and in return they sent me a letter stating my account was considered "Paid in Full" and I no longer have any more liablilties with this company.  Being persistant I wanted to continue to send GW's to this company.  So I went to the BBB website to try and find a fax number, and according to the BBB website this CA went out of business in Janurary of 2007.  I happened to find an email I used a while back,  so I sent off an email to their offices and attached a GW letter with it.  About a day later I checked my reports and this CA had deleted my TL from EX.  This CA was only reporting to EX and TU.   However, my TU report was still showing this account.

Having delt with TU before I know they take their precious time sometimes so I waited a few weeks, now its been  a month and TU still has not deleted, so i'm assuming that this CA probably did not contact TU.

Should I GW this CA again and mention that they had deleted my TL off of EX but not TU and ask them again for a GW but specifically mention the TU report instead of all reports? 

Also by doing that could a CA re-report an account that has been PAID IN FULL and put it back onto my credit reports?  Or is it that once its PAID IN FULL and deleted they can't re-report?

I just want to make sure I don't set myself up.
Thanks

v/r
JShidell
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a CA account is not deleted from all CRA using a GW, what to do?

NO...you just said TU is slow...and they are...so wait about a week....the CA might....and should send you a letter...saying it was deleted off your reports....so if you get that letter....and TU still have not deleted....fax the letter to TU...asking for deletion.....
Message 2 of 5
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
NO...you just said TU is slow...and they are...so wait about a week....the CA might....and should send you a letter...saying it was deleted off your reports....so if you get that letter....and TU still have not deleted....fax the letter to TU...asking for deletion.....

Slyhouse08,

Thats the thing, I've already waiting a month. I don't think this CA will send me a letter.

v/r
JShidell
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...I didn't see the month thing...do you think they actually asked the CRAs to deleted....or did you initiate a dispute...which caused it to be deleted????....a month...I don't think TU is that slow....maybe you could send the letter....back to the email you sent it to...and ask for it....but include in there....you want it removed from your TU report...put that in the place...of the normal line...that says you want the item removed from all three....does that make sense???....seems like I'm going on...and on......and on....
Message 4 of 5
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

slyhouse08,

I GW'd the CA because the account was paid in full and closed. I wanted to see if I can get it deleted, they pretty much declined all my the GW letters I sent via postal mail, but when I sent the GW through email it seemed like it worked, because my TL on EX disappeared. I was hoping to see the TL for TU disappear but after two weeks I pretty much figured that this CA did not contact TU for deletion.

So to answer your question. No i'm not absolutely sure that they contacted all the CRA's to delete, but i'm pretty sure they probably contacted EX for deletion.

I will send another GW letter and in place of "all credit bureaus" i'll just list "TransUnion" and i'll see if that will help.

Thanks for your help.

v/r
JShidell

Message Edited by JShidell on 07-21-2008 08:26 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.