Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay first goodwill success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay first goodwill success

I wrote a couple goodwill letters late last week. Today I got a notification that my report had changed. When I went and looked the change was that one of my old (paid off) collection accounts was deleted! Smiley Very Happy it was a local collection company, but I am just so suprised how quickly they deleted it after receiving my letter.

It made my equifax score jump almost 36 points (well between that and my credit utilization, which went from 32% to 9% yesterday).

I am so happy to be seeing some progress. I did also hear back from walmart who left a very nice voice-mail stating that they would respond by snail mail. Hoping for a positive responce!!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay first goodwill success

@Anonymous wrote:
I wrote a couple goodwill letters late last week. Today I got a notification that my report had changed. When I went and looked the change was that one of my old (paid off) collection accounts was deleted! Smiley Very Happy it was a local collection company, but I am just so suprised how quickly they deleted it after receiving my letter.

It made my equifax score jump almost 36 points (well between that and my credit utilization, which went from 32% to 9% yesterday).

I am so happy to be seeing some progress. I did also hear back from walmart who left a very nice voice-mail stating that they would respond by snail mail. Hoping for a positive responce!!

Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 12
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I've only sent one goodwill email and it went unanswered. Think I may send snail mail this week to try again...
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Asouth04, 

Congrats on the deletion! It is nice when CA's and OC's show you they have a heart! :-)

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! My next plan would be to send GW letters to my baddies too and hope for the same results. Did you follow a sample letter or wrote your own?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter8.shtml

I used this sample letter. Just tweaked it to fit my situation
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

who did you gw, if you don't mind me asking. i'm trying wi c1 and it is not working.

Message 7 of 12
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For the paid collection who did you send the GW to? The OC or the CA? I've got one that is showing on EX and TU that I would LOVE to get removed.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent it to the collection agency
Message 9 of 12
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.