Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best PFD Negotiation strategies?>

tag
jules79
Valued Member

best PFD Negotiation strategies?>

hello all,

just asking for the best assistance with my past credit issues. I have a few credit card debts charged off 6 years ago, and their SOL has expired in my state. Now, these charged-offs are in their 6th year. I know it's almost their 7-year mark scheduled to be deleted, but I prefer to handle them now since I have some liquidity.

(1) What are the best strategies to negotiate  "Pay for Delete" (PFD) for charged-off credit cards?

(2) How do I contact the Executive offices of AMEX, Chase, Barclay, DISC, Capital One, and Bank of America?

(3) Any luck with these GIANTS on your experience on charged-off settled debt negotiated to be pay-for-deletion?

As usual, I greatly appreciate your input. 

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: best PFD Negotiation strategies?>

The majority of successful PFDs come from charge offs placed with collection agencies, which have no bearing or influence on the charge off status reported, only the collection notation. There's an extremely high likelihood (99.9% chance) you'll find your requests for a PFD on a charge off to any major lender falling on deaf ears.

Paying them at this point may help you feel better, and reduce your time on their particular blacklists, as well as improve your scores. If you're at six years, you might consider waiting it out. 

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: best PFD Negotiation strategies?>

Like @JoeRockhead said basically. You've gone this long. Wait it out. Those compaines wont do PFD. It right around the corner.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.