Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover it card

tag
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Re: discover it card

Nope.  I received a "pre-approval" letter in the mail and applied online.  They gave me the 7-10 day response and called me a couple of days later to offer me a slightly different APR than what I applied for.

They offered an $800 limit with a low transfer APR offer.  So, I accepted and transferred the balance of another card over.

I can't wait until I start my military career in Feb.  SCRA drops all loan/card rates to 6% max.  That will make me a happy accountant Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 11 of 12
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: discover it card

Personally i suscribe to the three credit reporting agencies and have the Fico monitoring.  Its a little expensive.  20 here, 14 here/per month etc.  I forget the name of the site where you can get your free one.  I used it up quick in my process of rebuilding lol.  Now its more of a monitoring thing with me.  I can monitor alerts and at this point, its important for me to be able to see when cards update balances etc so I know which ones to put my attention to before the reporting dates.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.