Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper validation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

proper validation?

I DV'd Portfolio Recovery for an old collection. They sent a letter on their letterhead stating that the debt was purchased form Midland/Household, the amount due, and my name on it. Is this proper validation? I did request full media validation. What is my next step? Thanks!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: proper validation?

If they sold the debt to Midland then I doubt they would have to validate or going to put labor hours into researching this for you. Sounds like you are going to have to DV Midland. Did they provide a new account number? If not wait it out until you get a statement from Midland and then send DV, I wouldn't call inquiring.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery is actually stating they bought the debt from Midland. Portfolio now owns it, and that is who I DV'd. They have provided no doumentation other than a statement on their letterhead.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you sent the simple validation letter...YES...if you sent the Full Media Validation letter....NO...
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did sendthe Full Media Validation letter. Should I send the 2nd DV letter? or? Thanks for everyone's help.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES..the 15 day one...
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending out today, Thanks!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize for my brain cramp or dyslexic moment which ever your want to call it. I so totally read that post backarsewards. Yes they would have to validate and yes I would send the 15 day debt validation letter asap. I'm so sorry I read that wrong, I apparently got more sun over the memorial day weekend than I thought.

Message Edited by Bran9192 on 05-28-2008 10:51 AM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the 15 day DV letter the same as the 30 day with just the days to respond changed? Yeah another silly question.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the 15 day letter on 6/1, and they have updated again on 6/7 to my Exp report. What should be my next step? I cannot get them to validate, they are not reporting to the CRA's as being disputed, and they keep updating.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.