Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

woo hoo!!! More GW success!

tag
JenThompson777
Valued Member

Re: woo hoo!!! More GW success!

I had an old Chase account that I GW'd about too, about a month ago - and it worked!!

I actually sent the GW letter by fax to Chase Bank/Bank One Card Services:  Fax # 888/643-9628 and just addressed it to "Credit Dispute Dept."

Worked beautifully. Hope it will work for anyone else who may need it!!  Good luck!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats Jen!! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 18
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lastly, be persistant. Send a letter every week. You ever see Shawshank Redemption? "If I send them a letter a week, they can't ignore me forever". That's the truth. Sooner or later your letter will fall into the hands of someone willing and able to help. Don't get discouraged. Smiley Happy

Should I send the exact same letter or should I pleed with them more and more? Like with every letter just say, "this is the 4th time writing to you, and I am desperatly looking for some compassion. I need these accounts off my credit report so I can buy my first home. Please, please, please.....I beg you to remove these charged-off accounts from my credit report. You will make me the happiest person in the world! I can't purchase my dream house with these accounts listed on my credit report." etc...

Message Edited by gymbo731 on 01-22-2010 10:59 AM

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been sending the same letters just changing the dates. I'd hesitate to actually write "this is my xxth letter to you" because the person may think, hey if nobody else would help this person then I won't either. Of course, YMMV
Message 14 of 18
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Lucent,

Do you know if that address you provided works for home phone service from Verizon also? I have a home phone account i'm having problems getting deleted. It was paid in full about 3 years ago I keep disputing and not getting anywhere with them. I had 2 accounts on file got one deleted. I'm willing to write GW to that address if it helps.

Thanks 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think the address is the same - check Verizon's website, I'm sure you can find the right mailing address.
Message 16 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

Congratulations!
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a paid verizon coolection on my credit report but i am pissed off at how they have lied to me thay told me when i pay their collection agncy which they never even sent me a bill in the mail and when i called they said i should be receiving it and never did anyways they told me when you pay the collection agncy ic systems we will remove this entire derrogatory account of your report so i call ic system and informed them and they told me ok maam so if thats what verizon told you you mus t pay us so i pay them the full balance in full and when i come to chek my credit its still on thieir with the only differnce as paid but this is still hurting my credit score and after they even told me when i paid that they would remove it and never did so i call the recovery department and this rude representative told me no we will not remove this off your credit report because this is valid but i told her maam you guys told me when i pay your collection agncy that you would remove this off my report and i paid it and you never did and then she tells me we dont listen to customers stop insisting becasue i will not remove this off your credit report and then hanged up the phone on me this company ( verizon wireless ) is very RUDE!!! and i dont know what else to do ive write them letters which they never even bother to respond to any of them they just ignore them i believe and they treat me in a not professional manner !! i am pissed off and i need advice on how to get this paid collection off my credit report as i was told from the beginning would someone please give me some advice i would really appreciate it 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.